Why do some listings not show up worldwide?

I had a student of mine call and ask why his listing:

would not show up on other eBay sites. He ships worldwide and seems to have done everything right.

When I type the listing # into other eBay sites it shows up. However, when I copy and paste the title:

Fashion Jewelry Snake Arm Band Exotic Earrings and Neck

into search boxes, the listing shows in Canada and the USA but not in Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand, etc.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Bernie
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

did he pay the extra for international site visability
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yes, he did, but that is only good for the UK anyhow.

I came across a rule whereas listings do not show up on international sites until one has a feedback score of 25 a or higher (he was at 23 with his last listings).

However, even now with a score over 25 they don't show up and I suspect it is because his DSR score does not yet show (less than 10 evaluations).

eBay support, in true and tried fashion, is clueless and could not provide an answer.

Bernie
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, he did, but that is only good for the UK anyhow.

I came across a rule whereas listings do not show up on international sites until one has a feedback score of 25 a or higher (he was at 23 with his last listings).

However, even now with a score over 25 they don't show up and I suspect it is because his DSR score does not yet show (less than 10 evaluations).

eBay support, in true and tried fashion, is clueless and could not provide an answer.

Bernie

And yet eBay still gives him the "ability" to opt for international visibility and takes him money even though they give him nothing in return.:-(
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Actually, the listings did show up on the UK site, just nowhere else.

Bernie
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I get visibility on International sites and I don't pay anything for it.

All I do is give the calculated cost of shipping for certain countries, including UK, and the general statement that I ship worldwide.

Since September my International sales have gone from about 5% of my total(90% USA, 5% Canada) to about 50% US and 30% International. The actual number and value of the sales are stable.

I don't get many UK customers, but then I sell books and there are English language bookstores in Britain.

(I was visiting a MidWest USA college town where DH was teaching a few years ago. With over 100, 000 students there were two bookstores in the town. One big box in the suburbs, one second hand with a thriving coffeeshop attached. )
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, yes, femmefan, I know how this works. Our listing show everywhere as well and a full 98% of our merchandise is sold to buyers that are located out side of Canada. At least 50% are located outside of North America.

We use UK site visibility only because the UK accounts for something like 15-20% of our total sales and we get equal standing with UK listings. actually, we dominate the searches there to such a degree that is has upset some sellers there.

The OP was why that particular seller's listings were not showing up and I am not sure that I have the complete answers yet.

Bernie
Message 7 of 7
latest reply