Why does ebay listing suck so bad?

I can program a web site.

But i can not work you stupid listing software.

You company is joke!

It tells me something is wrong with the photos??? But what?

It's me something wrong with shipping, but what?

It's 1/2 hour to list something, even then it is impossible. I want to list an item for $5 ----i can't spend a hour just trying to list it!

Sorry ebay you are a failure!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

"But i can not work you stupid listing software."

I am not sure what the problem is.  Millions of other sellers manage to list using the selling form.

Are you trying to list on eBay.ca or eBay.com?  I suggest you list on eBay.ca where you have Canadian shipping options.

Are you trying to add a fixed shipping charge?  or using the "shipping calculator"?  Are you using metric weight and  measurements?  Are you requesting the appropriate shipping service (many Canada Post shipping service require minimum and/or maximum weight and measurements).

Do your images conform to the eBay policy?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/picture.html

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ebay thinks Canada is part of Mexico or Africa.

You add $20 import charge for so many items they are no longer a good deal. Good going ebay, destroy your own business.

I don't even waste my time try to find things on ebay --- you don't list the total price including import fee!  Of course why would us Canadians notice?

You've had the same the problems with listing software years. It is the major problem with your company. Kijij is much better and easier to post something. You upgrade the software but it is the same.

I don't know what is wrong with the pictures, what is wrong with your software?

The whole shipping thing is nightmare, i have to specify for USA, Canada and every country in the world.  Then it still creates an error i can not post it. Is your goal to prevent people from selling things or what? Why would you make it so difficult to post something? People have to buy special software that understands your software so they can post items. Does that seem  a little strange to you?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If you have a specific problem with shipping and give us details, then we might be able to help you.  It shouldn't be that difficult as long as you are familiar with the different Canada Post services.

There are a couple of other posts about problems with posting pictures. One poster said that that they were having problems on IE but that using another browser helped to fix the problem.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

"Kijij is much better"

???

Kijiji is 100% owned by eBay

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Spoiler
maybe ebay listing suck so bad because you no understand how to do ?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It appears the original poster managed to list his item.  He also managed to use the "revise" function twice.

Great picture.  Only one item is offered yet the listing states "Different colors."  Not sure what that means.

Good Luck to him.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Looking at the shipping for that listing, it may have been preferable to limit sales to Canada and the USA.

Free shipping is great. It will help generate sales.

However, with a selling price of $5.00 and postage of at least $5.90 (letter-post under 100g) or $6.51 Light Packet (up to 150g), a sale would guarantee a loss, in addition to eBay fees, PayPal fees, etc...

Even to the USA, Light Packet (up to 150g) costs $3.79, leaving very little to cover the fees and the cost of the item, let alone a profit.

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I took a five year break from selling, but, I used to use TL all the time and yeah it's glitchy but it gets the job done.  I had some trouble when I listed our DVD collection recently (105 listings) so I posted to the Selling Tools board here, got some advice, followed it and all worked well.  I had to reinstall TL or something.  That board is the best place to start.  I love that little mess of a program! lol

Message 9 of 9
latest reply