eBay only cares about money... Where does it end!?

souranial
Community Member

I am just quickly expressing my view on the new way to file NPB and FVC.

I loged on to my-eBay and I noticed this nice advertisement saying that I could now file these things in bulk! I was in heaven! For the amount of time it takes for the process, I would rather pay the $1.50 or such in fees! Now that it could be done in bulk and by just clicking on the item that I need to file AND that it automatically follows up on the appropriate days for FVC and such! THIS IS AMAZING

BUT! BUT! BUT! BUT! THERE IS ALWAYS A BUT!

This feature is only available to paying customers of eBay seller manager and seller manager pro.
WHAT!?!?!? This is outrageous! I understand that there are benefits to using Seller manager but this is a feature that only eBay can offer - so this really makes you "need" the program. That is not fair.

This feature should be available to all sellers and if not at least to powersellers! I think this is another of eBay's attempts to suck money out of us!

eBay - you NEED to change this. You cannot offer something like this and expect people to use YOUR program to use it.

It is an improvement to the eBay system - then WHY should it only be for people paying monthly!?!?!?!??!!?

If anyone has any comments, please reply.
As well, I would love to hear from one of eBays staff on this matter!

Regards,
Daniel (souranial)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

off_to_uni
Community Member
Hi Daniel!

I have just starting using Selling Manager and it is great for quickly relisting auctions. I haven't tried the non paying bidder side of it yet though.

I agree with you about eBay always thinking up ways to make more money off of us, rather than providing these services for free, or at least free to PowerSellers who butter their bread 😉

I know a lot of sellers get angry when anyone opposing growing costs for selling on eBay, because their view is that you won't find a cheaper and better place to sell and I agree with that, but at the same time eBay is making a bomb off of us, and some free services or perks would be appreciated 🙂

Cheers,

James
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Daniel, I didn't even see an announcement about bulk filing. I just filed an NPB yesterday the old-fashioned way, but I don't use SM (I already have a good auction management program) so I wouldn't be able to do the bulk thing either. Not too bad, when you only have one or two to do, but my previous ones have been multiple winners and it's really painful when you have twenty or more to do for one winner.

I agree with you -- that's a feature that should be available to all sellers! And not just PS's - I know a number of people who list a lot of low-end stuff and they won't make PS status, but they still get their share of NPBs!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
ebay.ca has sellers manager pro
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I think it should be available, free, for anyone who sells. Getting your rightful money back should actually be automatic - you shouldn't have to jump through hoops. eBay makes it far too difficult just to almost get what's due.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

souranial
Community Member

shooger - NICELY PUT!

it seems that eBay does everything possible to ensure that THEY get their fees- so why not when likewise about OUR fees!??!?!?!
I know I have been neglegent to file these claims for the past few months and have over 15 that are outstanding. Should I have to take an hour and a half to do them?

IT BEATS ME!?

Todd, the problem is not getting the manager but rather the fact that you have to. 😉

Regards,
Daniel

Message 6 of 6
latest reply