extra shipping charges ????

I bought an item on eBay. Paid for the item and for the shipping as advertized. I recieved it. No Problem. But the seller contacts me saying that shipping was more than double the price he expected. The postage on the parcel indicates that the shipping really was much higher than the seller advertized. The seller asked me to send the difference to his PayPal account.

I feel bad for the seller but I can't imagine it would be my duty to reimburse him for being unaware of shipping costs.

Is there any downside for me as an eBay buyer if I dissapoint the seller by not paying extra shipping?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi glabella.. Your quite right . We all make mistakes but can't transfer responsibility to someone else. You bought , paid and have no further obligation and no , there is not a downside for you.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

"I can't imagine it would be my duty to reimburse him for being unaware of shipping costs."

You are right. It is not your duty to reimburse the seller. I'm actually surprised the seller sent it without asking for the additional shipping first not that you were obligated to pay any additional shipping before or after the item was sent. You are only obligated to pay what was in the listing and that is exactly what you've done.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply