my first Negative feedback :(

myjames007
Community Member
I sold sth to France by ebay.fr last month. All my item description is in English.

The buyer wrote me in French after he/she received the item, probably dissatisfied, (actually i could hardly understand his message) Anyway I replied in English that I am ready to refund him for any reason.

But the buyer let me negtive feedback without reply.

My first neg, sad for that.

When will be the new feedback system put into running? I remember new system will neutralize feedback left by members who don't participate in issue resolution processes.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

jakeeangel
Community Member
September 2005

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
You might want to fix your Me page. Your pictures aren't showing up.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
jakeeangel: thank you for reminding. I have updated the picture links.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Why not neg him back? If anything, it may give you some weight in having the negs mutually withdrawn. Think he is complaining the your item was not as described.

Lincoln
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Pull his contact info. If it is invalid you can have the neg removed.

If that doesn't work, I would neg back and go for the mutual. Make sure any neg you give does not sound petty and unprofessional. You don't want to cause more harm than good.

Monique

Monique

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
neg the newbie. Maybe he'll think twice next time.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

camrynscloset
Community Member
YIKES!! I thought the new FB system was ALREADY in place...I negged an NPB! UGHHHHH!

Oh, well. It is only feedback, right?:-p
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I just received my first PayPal "non-delivery" complaint. 🙂

It was sent to France and he's expecting delivery within 7 days because "It has been this fast with prior transactions from the same zone -- for cheaper shipping!"

Hahahaha. I've tried to tell him 3 times that we're in CANADA, not the USA, but they probably consider that the same "zone".

*sigh*

I've contested the complaint using PayPal's stupid response system. I can't even type in any explanation. I can only choose between THREE canned responses: Refund, Here's the Tracking Info, or Already Refunded.

The buyer is stating (in French -- used a translation website) that he wants his money back, and IF they receive the item he'll pay again. Yeah -- I trust that.

Geez. Some of these French buyers.

John
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

ruthsdevildog
Community Member
Have you checked the feedback the buyer has been giving? This person has only left 1 positive and 3 negatives. You might want to block this buyer from bidding on your auctions.
?:|:O:|
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

myjames007, Please be sure to return the neg - this guy deserves it.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
Hi guys, thanks for your attention,i really appreciate your kind suggestions

good news: the neg is removed finally.....

i sent him lots of mails, explaining I do hope solve the problem with him.....finally he mailed back that he agreed to remove the feedback...

he is a tough customer, but proper communication does make sense to help me solve the problem.

here is my 2 cent: it's better to send them mail in french, he did not reply any of my mail in english, but finally i found a free translation site and send him in french...
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hello MyJames,
I notice that you list at Ebay.fr (in France) . Maybe you should consider translating your auctions in french for better sales results and also to improve miscommunication with your buyers. I am sure its only a communication problem and something to resolve with neg feedback
Good luck:-)
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

nanookdave
Community Member
I don't know if this will help but I have been using the free translation service on the web ( there are 2 or 3).. At the first sign of trouble, I cut & paste my english reply to the translation service, then I paste the translated version, be it french, italian, german or spanish to my e mail & send it... To be honest I don't know if it solves the problem of language but it can't hurt... Just remember there are some people that the Lord can't even please...
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
thanks for your kind comments, i will send the buyer from non-english speaking country in bilingual

here is one of free translation sites i found

http://www.freetranslation.com
Message 15 of 15
latest reply