Spring 2021 Update Fee Schedule Changes

There are no fvf schedules included in the ebay Canada version of the update.

Should sellers therefore conclude that the FVF increase and elimination of the TRS FVF discount announced for ebay.com are NOT coming to ebay.ca ?

There's a lot of omissions in this update when compared with the ebay.com version.
FVF & TRS discount
Store free listing limit changes
Coupons

Those are just a few that come to mind, there are probably others.

What are we to make of this, are these omissions or are those subjects not applicable to ebay.ca?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @kawartha-ephemera - the eBay.ca Spring Seller Update has been released in its entirety. There are differences between this and the .com update, as you mention. These aren't omissions, they're differences. 

Also - to clarify a point - .com did not announce removing the 10% Top Rated Plus discount, but did announce that the quarterly Promoted Listing credit that was previously given will no longer be issued. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Sellers will eventually not have to pay a monthly invoice... The amount currently owed to eBay  will eventually be deducted from Payments

However.... for tax purposes  we will need a tax summary report ... each month for 

(1) total fees charged by eBay.

(2) store subscription

(3) GST/HST charged by eBay

Currently there is a lot of information on an invoice....  For me only the store subscription on an invoice  is the only cost that must be paid.... Everything else on the invoice is information.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Tyler. Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

I know this isn't a fair question to ask and answering it would probably require some crystal ball gazing, but are ebay.ca seller fees and various free listing limits unchanged here in Canada simply because of where Canada sits in the MP transition process?

In other words, is it because ebay.com is close to fully transistioned versus ebay.ca has a ways to go on that front? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera wrote:

Tyler. Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

I know this isn't a fair question to ask and answering it would probably require some crystal ball gazing, but are ebay.ca seller fees and various free listing limits unchanged here in Canada simply because of where Canada sits in the MP transition process?

In other words, is it because ebay.com is close to fully transistioned versus ebay.ca has a ways to go on that front? 

@kawartha-ephemera - hahahaa you're right, there's some scrying involved in that for sure, I don't have a specific answer on that. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The current invoice also includes the amount saved with the Top Rated plus discount.

An invoice is a valuable source of information even if there is no amount to be paid by the seller... as indicated  in future months.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

The current invoice also includes the amount saved with the Top Rated plus discount.

An invoice is a valuable source of information even if there is no amount to be paid by the seller... as indicated  in future months.

tyler@ebay 

@kawartha-ephemera 

As referenced above there is no reason that eBay should not STILL be providing a Monthly Invoice with a breakdown of fees, credits, and any total applicable taxes. Only difference would be, with the notation: Paid -  For reference purposes only. This is a standard  accepted global business practice. As for a standard length of time it is accessable, I believe that varies by juristiction. Entirely up to a seller if they needed to print a copy for their records but the option needs to be there.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Agreed! I was wondering if we'd be getting this invoice, because I wanted to make sure I was still getting my 10% Top Rated Seller discount and also compare MP fees to previous month's fees.

I currently have no idea how much I'm paying in fees for MP, unless i do manual calculations on each transaction!
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:
Agreed! I was wondering if we'd be getting this invoice, because I wanted to make sure I was still getting my 10% Top Rated Seller discount and also compare MP fees to previous month's fees.

I currently have no idea how much I'm paying in fees for MP, unless i do manual calculations on each transaction!

With MP for each listing that did qualify for the FVF credit it shows you in a note as how much you saved.  With an invoice you could see a total amount along with Total Tax Paid. Possibly possible with create a report feature but shouldn't need to be a requirement to get that info. It also shows how much you paid as a separate line for the currency conversion fee. I haven't sold anything that was promoted so have yet to see that as a fee line.

-Lotz

Example: You saved C $0.11 by Top Rated Plus discount

Fun in the sun here I come!!!!

I was able to confirm with 1 recurring low value identical sale(Pre MP/Post MP) Fees were 10 cents more with MP so guess it's more hit and miss  the part about some sellers may see savings with MP.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

As a side FYI, your previous account activity page has no details going forward after you are officially enrolled. MP. Everything is viewed from your Payments tab. There is no tab for saving with promotional listing saving, fees, credits, payments etc...Everything is located/displayed by manually creating reports.

-Lotz

Wonder if that page shortly, like in Mission Impossible, will self destruct in 10 seconds?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply