2014 Fall Seller Update

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to discuss the 2014 Fall Seller Update.

Thanks!

Raphael

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

2014 Fall Seller Update

Received the notice about fall selling today. I consider it spam and I did not request it. Further the spam did not have a link to unsubscribe. I have wasted 15 minutes trying to locate ALL the notification choices but saw nothing that would pertain to this note.

I do not want any emails from ebay in my personal mailbox. If ebay wants to notify me then please use the mailbox in my ebay account which is the best way to be certain the email is actually from ebay.

Thanks

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

" to discuss the 2014 Fall Seller Update."

Will you be answering questions?  on a daily/weekly basis?

Message 3 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

airdave
Community Member

Mail should go, by default, ONLY to my eBay Mail Inbox.

But, I should have the OPTION of receivng email notices of new messages in my Inbox.

are you going to do something about the Feedback system?

First, do something about your complaint system!

I have complained and complained with absoutely no response, about received negative feedback.

Probably a dozen complaints without a single reply (other than automated recipt notices).

Why is there no option to have feedback reviewed and removed if it is deemed unfair?

I have a second seller account...with only a dozen transactions so far.

Two negative feedbacks have completely destroyed its rating and killed sales.

I am considering closing the account and opening a new one to get around the problem.

Both negative feedback are from disgruntled buyers who basically admit that they did not correctly read

the listings and had no understanding of what they were buying, One made a totally unsupported assumption

of what they were buying, the other seems somewhat illiterate in communications...and both tried to claim

that I ripped them off, rather than admit they made a mistake.

Leaving negative feedback in both cases was just a malicious attempt to switch blame and nothing else.

I should have the right to have feedback reviewed and removed if I can show that it was left unfairly.

I totally expect this request to fall on more deaf ears.

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

If you opt for no returns to get out of the managed returns (which shafts sellers), what is to stop Ebay, when an INAD is opened, to just say since you as a seller do not accept returns, buyer can keep it but you still have to refund item cost plus shipping?

Message 5 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

Although I realize that it has been a problem when a buyer is required to pay for a return of an item that is nad, I am concerned about the fact that now a buyer can say an item is nad even if it isn't just so that I will have to pay for the return. Of course I could fight having to pay for the return shipping but if I lost, I would have 1 unresolved claim and at my volume, that's a huge deal.

The U.S. boards have many reports of buyers using hfr to get free shipping even when in reality, they are returning the item because of buyers remorse. It's frustrating for those sellers and their return shipping costs are generally much less than ours. This could be very expensive for us.

Also, it's frustrating that I may get a defect just because a buyer changed their mind and wanted free return shipping.

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

@dutchman48 wrote:

If you opt for no returns to get out of the managed returns (which shafts sellers), what is to stop Ebay, when an INAD is opened, to just say since you as a seller do not accept returns, buyer can keep it but you still have to refund item cost plus shipping?

Opting out of returns really isn't going to accomplish anything. If a buyer claims an inad you have the choice of refunding after the item has been returned and paying for return shipping or of refunding and telling the buyer to keep the item. Have a return or a no return policy won't change either of those options.

Message 7 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

Worse than 'deaf ears' I just stated exact same thing and my post just got erased... nice one eBay - HA!

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

If I am correct, I don't think managed returns are available to Canadians even if they list on .com.

Clarification would be great as all this might be a mute point for Canadians.

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

pj

That is logical which Ebay is not, and they can change whatever they want when they want if it is for their and/or the buyers benefit

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

@dutchman48 wrote:

If I am correct, I don't think managed returns are available to Canadians even if they list on .com.

Clarification would be great as all this might be a mute point for Canadians.

Even if it is only U.S. sellers opted in to the whole hassle free program, according to the fall update on the Canadian site, we will still have to pay for return shipping if the item is not as described.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2014/after-sale-experience-details.html#highli...

If your policy indicates that you pay for return shipping, then you will be charged for return shipping. Otherwise, the responsibility for return shipping charge is determined by the reason the buyer chooses when requesting a return. If your buyer indicates they are returning an item because they changed their mind, they are responsible for return shipping. However, if the buyer requests a return because there’s a problem with the item or the item is not as described, then you will be responsible for return shipping. This policy applies to all transactions on ebay.com and ebay.ca for domestic and international buyers.

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

PJ

I stongly disagree as right now for any claim, the buyer is responsible for return shipping unless the seller has agreed to pay it. That is what buyers have been witching about

Message 12 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

I'm not sure if you disagree with me or with the new policy but  I'm not happy about the new policy.  I do realize that there are cases when in reality, a seller has goofed up and really should pay for return shipping and that in the past, ebay has not required them to do so.  But even the 'good sellers' who would admit a mistake and pay for return shipping are now being penalized by having to pay for it just based on the buyer's say so.

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

tch_ca
Community Member

I am not sure why they call these things "Seller Updates". They should call them "Seller Killers". Keep it up Ebay, one day there WILL be competition.

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

tch_ca
Community Member

Is Raphael real and will he/she be participating? I don't think "Kalvin" responded to a single question in the spring update.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

Sellers will be responsible for return shipping when there’s an issue with the item or the item wasn’t as described.

1. Who decides the above as Ebay couldn't care less and adjudicates nothing to speak of.

2. Is this only for domestic in Canada as I believe it is only for domestic in the US

3. If I sell something for $7.50, send it by regular mail, it arrives,  and the buyer files a SNAD, who decides what the return shipping cost is and is tracking a requirement. Will Ebay then force the seller to pay for tracking in Canada which starts at around $12.00 and goes up from there when it may only have cost $2.00 to send it originally. This is a joke due to our tracking costs.

This all needs to be clarified or I am gone for sure.

Message 16 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

Are any Ebay mode here to answer concerns, they are on the US Boards

Message 17 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

If Ebay tries to enforce this, I definitely won't be selling to Canadians at all.

Message 18 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

If your policy indicates that you pay for return shipping, then you will be charged for return shipping. Otherwise, the responsibility for return shipping charge is determined by the reason the buyer chooses when requesting a return. If your buyer indicates they are returning an item because they changed their mind, they are responsible for return shipping. However, if the buyer requests a return because there’s a problem with the item or the item is not as described, then you will be responsible for return shipping. This policy applies to all transactions on ebay.com and ebay.ca for domestic and international buyers.

Found the above and looks like under the Money Back Guarantee, sellers will be paying return shipping unless Ebay rules in their favor after a case is opened, and we all know how fair Ebay is to sellers. If sellers opens a case and Ebay finds in the buyers favor (which would be most times) seller also gets a defect on top of paying return shipping

Message 19 of 81
latest reply

2014 Fall Seller Update

"This policy applies to all transactions on ebay.com and ebay.ca for domestic and international buyers."

Where did you find that information?

Checking eBay.com, they seem to make it clear that the policy applies domestically only:

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/deliver-great-service/hasslefreer...

The return is US-based. (Both a buyer's address and your return address are in the US.) - See more at: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/deliver-great-service/hasslefreer...

The buyer’s shipping address and your return address are in the US. - See more at: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/deliver-great-service/hasslefreer...

Message 20 of 81
latest reply