Any Experience with Moneybooker?

myjames007
Community Member
Recently some buyers send me payment by moneybookers, I found it costs less than paypal.

If we receive a payment from Europe/Australia, we have to pay 2.5% (Currency exchange)+3.9%( board cross fee)+0.30 USD in total, that's 6.4%.

for moneybookers, buyer pay EUR0.5 and seller pay 0.8% currency exchange fee.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Could you point us to a website or something with more explanation. Thanks.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Doknow if safer then Paypal as t chargebacks ? And if you have there website address ?
Frederic
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
eh...a little surprise that moneybookers is not known here

here is the link,

MONEYBOOKERS.COM

i have attached my referal code on above link, if you do not like it just remove the code.

Let's have an example, your Customer in UK will remit USD 2000 to you.

By Paypal:

1, Your customer pays 2.5% currency exchange fee from Pound Sterling to USD, that's USD 51 ( USD 2000/0.975)
2, You pay 3.9%+USD0.3 as paypal fee, that's USD 78.3 (Remember, it's 3.9% for payment ourside US/Canada)
3, You pay 2.5% to convert USD to CAD, ( you have to convert it for withdraw) that's USD 1921.7*0.025=USD 48

In sum, your customer pays USD 51 and you pay USD 126.3

That's USD 177 for a USD 2000 transaction.

by Moneybookers:

1, Your UK customer pays 0.8% to change GBP to USD, that's USD 16.
2, Your UK customer pays EUR 0.5 to send the payment. about USD 0.6
3, You receive it for free.
4, You wire the money to your USD account in Canadian Bank! fee: EUR 1.80, about USD 2.20
5, Your bank will charge you some bulks for incoming wire transfer. ( my BMO charges me USD 14, please share the experience of other banks)

Your customers pays USD 17 and you paid USD 16, that's USD 33 in total in a USD 2000 transaction.

Moneybooker does not provide buyer protection, it just help you move the money.

I hope ebay forum moderators won't feel unhappy for my thread, actually i use paypal for most of my transaction and contribute revenue for ebay/paypal everyday.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

lucid-tech
Community Member
Their claim statement that "Moneybookers is a hard currency. As a general rule: payments once made are irrevocable" was pretty appealing at first.

But it's somewhat puzzling given this statement in their Terms & Conditions:

6.4. When Customer receives a payment through the Service, he/she is NOT protected against a subsequent reversal of the transaction. Examples of such a reversal include, but are not limited to, a credit card reversal by the sender of the payment, and a reversal of the transaction because the sender of the payment was using a stolen credit card or unauthorized bank account.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

myjames007
Community Member
i don't think moneybookers has advantage in small amount credit card payment. Buyer have to pay 2.5%, i don't think any buyer would like to pay the surcharge. they will switch to paypal.

but moneybookers does save me money in receiving payment nibig amount from some existing customers. As they trust me, so they put cash on moneybookers and send the cash to me directly.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply