Buyer overypaying....

Now this is a new one on me.

A buyer purchased 2 items on Sept. 28 and emailed me twice asking for my address so he could send payment. Both had PayPal only as payment options. He contacted me and said he was having trouble setting up a PP account and could he send me a money order. I agreed because he was a newbie with a feedback of about 5 at that time as I recall.

I finally received his money order only to find he paid me for another seller's merchandise as well as my own. The amount was 3 times what he owed me.

I contacted him and told him I was returning his MO and told him the reason for the return. He replied and apologized for "putting you through all that".

Today I received the exact same money order and note (on which I had written the correct amount owing and noted that the other item was from a different seller) in the mail.

This buyer has now racked up 40 feedback and has bought some fairly pricey items. All of those transactions "seem" to have been completed quickly and easily.

I emailed the buyer tonight and told him I would return it again and would he kindly complete the transaction using PayPal.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) he has his account open with PayPal now.

Judy....?:|
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Buyer overypaying....

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Well, Judy, if he returns it again...KEEP IT for your patience!

*LOL*
Susan
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

He sent a reply saying he has been so busy he can't keep up and thanking me for being such a "good person". Ahhhh, it is so nice to be appreciated...lol.

It's funny, though, that someone so busy has found time to buy so many things on eBay!!! Oh, yes, and he said he would pay on Friday by PayPal.

Susan, when do you leave on your trip? Got all the warm blankies packed yet?

Judy
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Judy,

We leave on the 26th! Every time we get in the car Emi asks if we are going to Saskatoon to get on the train! Thank goodness our twins are old enough to realize that it's not the 26th yet.

For sure we are all counting the days! Blankets and pillows are on top of the list for things to pack. I'm sure we'll forget something but since Ottawa is not *rural* I am sure all will be fine!

Jamie's baby is due on December 3rd so we're hoping that she's on time! And, Sara, our first granddaughter, will be celebrating her 3rd birthday on December 6th. She's excited that her aunties will be there! It's so comical because she's almost as tall as Emi who is 6-1/2!

My husband will be working nights while we are gone. He has holidays from December 25th through early January. So, he'll meet us at the train station on the 25th (very late at night) when we arrive back in Saskatoon IF the weather is safe to drive. If not...we'll take the bus home on Boxing Day and enjoy our Christmas holiday then.

It will be busy that is for sure!

Thanks for asking, Judy!

Have a good one!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

Hi Susan,

It's funny how so often siblings or other family members have the same birth date or close to it. Perhaps this new one will be born on the older child's birthday.

I am sure it will be a very exciting and fun time for all of you.

I am going on a school bus trip tomorrow with my 7 year old grandson. Believe me, it has been a long time since I have done this. We are going to the Blyth theatre to see "Robin Hood".

Enjoy your trip!

Judy
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Judy,

I know you'll have a fun time on your field trip! Morley volunteered in Emi's classroom last Friday. He was there to help carve pumpkins with the 1st graders. The other mothers that were there to help were at least 20 years or so younger than him. They kept asking him who his granddaughter/son was since NO ONE LOOKED LIKE HIM. He explained that he was here for Emi...his DAUGHTER. The moms were surprised! Morley has blonde hair and blue eyes and Emi is Chinese as are our twins!

Most certainly the moms had lots to talk about...especially since Morley has never in all of his years ever carved a pumpkin! *S*

Susan
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

Hi Susan,

I did have a good time but had forgotten how noisy it can be on a bus full of 6 to 8 year olds.

Robin Hood turned out to be a play that involved staging children from the audience as the main characters. It was a blast! Great audience participation.

Nobody asked me if I was Erik's mother, but then he was quick to tell everyone that I was his grandma. I used to pass for much younger because I am vertically challenged, but maybe those new "blonde" streaks in my hair gave me away?

Good for your husband for volunteering to carve pumpkins! It is so nice to see so many dad's participating these days.

Judy

And to keep on track, I am still waiting for payment from this buyer, but he did say Friday so I will wait and see.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

And to keep on track, I am still waiting for payment from this buyer, but he did say Friday so I will wait and see.

Friday is here and my buyer has AGAIN asked for my address. The strange thing is the fact that some of his emails gave very good grammar and others are very poor. It gives me the impression that I am dealing with 2 different people. Very strange.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

Buyer NARU'ed.

No surprise.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

To continue this saga, I just received an email from eBay telling me that this buyer has asked for my personal information.

Is it customary for eBay to give it out to a buyer who is still NARU? We never did complete a transaction although he did try. After sending his money order back twice and then having him NARU'ed, I just told him that the transaction was canceled.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

Item # 110292402923

This transaction ended on Sept. 28. Now I have received the following message:

dear sir.i m sorry for not payin for something i beded on i ll still buy them if you have more.if not will you please remove this strike off my account thank you
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Buyer overypaying....

The buyer just phoned me to see if I would remove the unpaid item strikes against him. Apparently he got carried away with all of the "bargains" on eBay and purchased a large quantity of items in a short period of time. He deleted the transactions from his Won Items at some point and, after much confusion about to whom he owed what, he did not know how to get the information back.

I agreed to remove the strikes. Through the whole thing he did sound like an honest, although confused, person and he did attempt to pay. My final value fee credits were reversed but it may be worth it because I think I have gained a customer (who now has a PayPal account).
Message 12 of 12
latest reply