Can someone explain to me how ebates works?

I've seen the ads on TV for ebay ebates. Can someone explain how this works? I shop on here almost everyday and it would be nice to get money back on what I buy, but I bet it's only certain things or big ticket items right?

janmay35

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Check their website.  Easy to find using any search engine.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There is some information at the following link but it looks as if you have to sign up with ebates to access the info. I've never used it but hopefully someone who has used it can comment.

http://www.ebates.com/ebay

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

WHen you click ebates ebay affiliate link before your purchase they pay you part of what ebay pays them.  the same way airmiles shop and others work.  GCR is a higher payout  for ebay.   The payout for other sites can be higher then it is for ebay, especially special offers.   One was 20% for awhile

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

And it does work.  Last Christmas I did a lot of online ordering, and some of the retailers like the Bay had 5% ebates.  Another site had 20% rebate, but most of their prices are stupid high but I got a couple of things that were limited quantity.   After a certain time Ebates sends a cheque in the mail.   So just register, then go to the affiliated seller through Ebates link and the Ebates part is invisible afterwards.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Uh... what??

EBay is advertising?

It must be climate change. Hell has frozen over.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply