How do I print a return label for a customer who is in the U.S. to send an item back to me?

I have an item that I made a mistake with in the listing and the customer obviously wants to return it now. I am in Canada, they are in the U.S. I want to send them a return shipping label to get the item back to me but I have no idea how to do that. I can't do it on Canada Post because you can only create labels that are being sent from Canada. I tried to create an account on USPS and set it up that way but they wouldn't let me put in my credit card information because its not a U.S. address and they wouldn't let me use Paypal. It just kept saying there was an error and that I needed to go back to the original site I was on. Even if I wanted to print one off and mail it to the customer so they can send the item back I still can't because I can't pay for it on the USPS website. Anyone know how this can be achieved? Maybe I'm just missing something really obvious.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do I print a return label for a customer who is in the U.S. to send an item back to me?

I've never had to do that but if I sign into ebay.com and click on print a shipping label next to a sold item, it brings me the USPS screen. You would have to reverse the addresses of course and then I think that you have to print the label as a pdf and email it? At least that's what I think I read loll.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks! I tried that but it won't let me change the ship to address. The country is greyed out and I can't change it from U.S. to Canada. I really don't understand why eBay makes this so difficult.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Instead of clicking on 'edit' click on add new address. When I did that the United States came up and when I entered the zip code, the correct city and state came up.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Can a Canadian buy USPS stamps on STAMPSdotCOM?

That might be the simplest answer.

Or if the relationship is good with the customer , either promising to repay the shipping on arrival or sending the money directly through Paypal's Send Money function could work. Trust being necessary on both sides with these suggestions, of course.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply