How to search internationally but exclude US vendors?

The vast majority of international search results are US vendors, yet shipping costs from the US eliminate virtually all of these options for certain items.  It can be wearisome to sort through all of the US results looking for other international vendors.  Is there a way to search internationally yet exclude US vendors only?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I'm not aware of anyway to search worldwide and also exclude a country.

If you are worried about total price then your best bet is to try sorting results by price + shipping (some days it actually works).

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Watch for this:

Customs services and international tracking provided

If the US seller is not using the Global Shipping Program, your mailing fee will be much reduced.

But watch out.

If your seller (anywhere in the world) is using a courier like UPS or FedEx you will be charged duty, tax and a hefty customs brokerage fee on your doorstep before your parcel is released.

And if your purchase is over $100, the GSP is often cheaper than using the postal system.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

grenola
Community Member

First thing I look for now is whether the vendor is using the GSP. If so, I skip them. Next, I look at the shipping cost; if the vendor is a  lazy ass who uses the flat-rate USPS boxes, I skip them.

I had one moron wanting to charge me for having to stand in line at the US post office.

The thing is, at least half of the shipments I get by mail or FedEx from the US (eBay purchase or other) never get tagged for HST, they simply sail through.

In most cases, the “custom’s fee” should only be the 13% HST. Anything more than that is I suppose eBay’s ‘handling’ fee. They must be very inefficient if it takes that much money to process the fees. Oh, and if it IS a ‘handling fee’ then why is it not flat-rate? Is the handling of a $2 HST more work than a $4 HST. So much BS.

eBay used to be a great place to do business, now it’s all about fees and money grab. I hear from many that it’s becoming too expensive.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply