Items from China, is that a complete fraud

For the past 10 years ordered small things many times out of ebay, month delivery form China was fine with me. But now I feel like it is 100% fraud Chinese sellers. Last 6 items I purchased , waited over 1.5 before I contacted them to get refund. Got refund and funny things those items actually never came. So looks like I just wating my time with China on Ebay. Switching to Amazon where I get my item in 2-3 days. Yes bit more expensive but faster and for sure,

Ebay do something before u lose it to Amazon

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I recommend only purchasing from Canadian sellers since you are in Canada (see image). You do not need to go to Amazon for this, and shipping times are also 2 to 3 days within Canada. My store is only Canada based, and I can guarantee same day shipping, 2-3 days ETA for any item shipped to anywhere in Canada

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous poster. As a buyer, I stopped making purchases form China long ago. That goes for purchases on all sites. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, it's a running scam.

Some crooks have realized that on very low priced goods, they can collect the money, use it for some time, and then refund the buyers who complain.

Of course, part of this is that many buyers of low value goods will simply forget that they bought anything and the crook keeps the money.

New and 'questionable' sellers have their payments Held against their good service by Paypal. If there is no problem noted after that the money is released to them.

If you open a Dispute after 20 days, the seller won't have the payment released until the Dispute is settled.

However, this is not fair to honest Chinese sellers (the majority) because it can take longer for shipments to arrive. Those low value/fee shipping shipments are travelling Surface after all , which is cheap but not fast.

Best bet?

Well, if the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Read the seller's feedback. Many large sellers have hundreds of negs, but 99% or 100% FB. And statistically, you are probably fine.

But on reading the feedback, if you see complaints about non-delivery or slow delivery, you need to be cautious.

Keep in mind that there are also nutty buyers out there. Sometimes the FB can be amusing, or sad.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Only problem with buying in North America is the ridiculous prices. Especially with U.S. shipping costs. I found that shipping from

Europe much cheaper and actually faster in some cases. But a bigger issue is that in North America..... finding electronic parts( or parts for anything) is getting more difficult. We don't manufacture or fix anything anymore because we have priced ourselves out of the world market and our disposable mentality doesn't help much either.

I would like to see sellers from China charge a small amount for shipping if it was at least trackable.

Off topic comment .... there is a lot more about China that is a big fraud than we realize.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Hello guys, I think the major problems unique to Canada are the reason for your delays with items from Asia.

Please see this thread in the same section: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/China-to-Canada-getting-longer/td-p/327579

toward the end is a clearer explaination.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The United States is the world's second largest manufacturer, with a 2010 industrial output of approximately $1,696.7 billion.[2] In 2008, its manufacturing output was greater than that of the manufacturing output of China and India combined, despite manufacturing being a very small portion of the entire U.S economy, as compared to most other countries.

If the top 500 U.S.-based manufacturing firms were counted as a separate country, their total revenue would rank as the world’s third-largest economy.[3]

Since the beginning of the current economic downturn in 2007, only computer and electronic products, aerospace, and transportation have seen increasing production levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_in_the_United_States

The US is such a large economy that it is very hard to comprehend.

Keep in mind too, that it is in the interest of certain parts of the US establishment (*cough* republicans*cough") to keep the US public confused about the health of the US economy.

Is it weaker than it was before the housing bubble burst? Yes.

Is it still incredibly large-- as wikipedia says above larger than the economies of China and India combined. Certainly.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply