January 29th Weekly Board Hour

Hi everyone, please post your questions - we'll be here at 1PM Eastern!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Each time I list an item using the List Your Item form, I have the option "Each additional item" in the shipping section. But I list ONE item, not a multiple quantity. It's frustrating to delete those numbers everytime I list something. 😞

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

eBay.com seems to be doing a lot of changes to the Sell Your Item form since mid December resulting in numerous little glitches and bugs each week since then. Some of these changes affect eBay.ca. Very annoying.

I have reported some of these to kalvin that I see. Other issues found by others have been posted in these forums.

This post is just a general comment on the poor quality of eBay testing on these changes and on the very slow time to fix these glitches.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

Each time I list an item using the List Your Item form, I have the option "Each additional item" in the shipping section. But I list ONE item, not a multiple quantity. It's frustrating to delete those numbers everytime I list something. 😞

Hello lady.stark,

The only way you'll have to deal with numbers already in those boxes is if you use the "Relist" or "Sell similar" features from a listing that had values in those boxes in the first place. Just make sure you start off with a blank form or from a listing on which you already had deleted all values in the Additional Items boxes and you should be fine.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm curious about a question that came up on one of the boards the other day. A seller was thinking of giving discounts on items (not on shipping) if multiple purchases were made.The seller planned on invoicing the buyer before they paid (which is another subject entirely 🙂   and they would use the minus feature on the invoice so that they could give the buyer a discount.

Their question was regarding fvf. Would they be charged the fvf on the total invoice price which is what the buyer would pay....or on the price of each item + shipping on the actual listing? I might not be explaining this well. The board post is http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Discounts-and-fvf/m-p/195679#U195679

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Shipping to Russia...

Can you comment on this topic?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Russian-Regulatory-Changes/m-p/193495#U193495

It is unclear as to what purpose this information is trying to convey?

Should we block Russian buyers?

If we do NOT block, and packages are not delivered, are we protected from neg FB and DSR?

(Strangely enough, I have had  3 Russian buyers in the last few weeks, probably as many as all last year, so some concern with these shipments)

Advice??

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hello lady.stark,

The only way you'll have to deal with numbers already in those boxes is if you use the "Relist" or "Sell similar" features from a listing that had values in those boxes in the first place. Just make sure you start off with a blank form or from a listing on which you already had deleted all values in the Additional Items boxes and you should be fine.

I have relisted or used sell similar for items that I have always had just one of and the extra box started showing up recently. However,anytime I've noticed that the number has come up as 0.00 and doesn't show up in the listing anyway so it shouldn't be causing a problem?

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I had a buyer from Russia yesterday and I asked if they were aware of this They said they believed it was just for expensive items or items sent by faster services such as expresspost. I don't know if they are right or not..hopefully they are.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Hi Kalvin,

Last week, I asked this question:

"Why do the Lithium moderators move all the GSP-related posts into the two tacked threads for comments and questions? A lot of people are not used to the boards. If they come here with a specific GSP problem they're having and their thread is subsequently moved into one of the mega threads, how likely are they to find it again and find the answers to their problem?"

I was late for an appointment and had to leave before reading Raphael's reply:

"The moderators are moving the GSP-related topics into the consolidated threads at our request actually. We are doing this to ensure that the US-based GSP team knows where to look for these comments from Canadian buyers. So far this is the best way we were able to raise awareness on how the program makes less sense for Canadians than it does for buyers anywhere else in the world.

I should also point out that when a topic is moved, there is a link to the new location that remains where the topic was originally posted for 48 hours, specifically so that the author and whoever else followed the discussion can still find their way to it."

Thank you for clearing up the thread merging thing which, to me at least, didn't make any sense. But these boards are supposed to be primarily user-to-user help boards. I still think that it's both intimidating and confusing for someone who comes here with a specific question or problem they want answered to have to go through these humongous threads. Besides, those two threads already make it abundantly clear what Canadians seem to think of the GST. Adding more posts will only reinforce what has been said a million times already: it's too expensive, it's not convenient, packages that are opened sometimes arrive damaged and it doesn't add anything of value for the buyer.

So the GSP team knows what to look at if they want to make the program more palatable to Canadian buyers. Are there any plans to stop merging the threads?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hello lady.stark,

That is the thing. They NEVER had those boxes before. I never sold multiple quantity items.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm curious about a question that came up on one of the boards the other day. A seller was thinking of giving discounts on items (not on shipping) if multiple purchases were made.The seller planned on invoicing the buyer before they paid (which is another subject entirely 🙂   and they would use the minus feature on the invoice so that they could give the buyer a discount.

Their question was regarding fvf. Would they be charged the fvf on the total invoice price which is what the buyer would pay....or on the price of each item + shipping on the actual listing? I might not be explaining this well. The board post is http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Discounts-and-fvf/m-p/195679#U195679

Hi pjcdn2005,

Final value fees are calculated on the item price as it shows on the completed auction or BIN (the item price FVF part), plus on the first domestic shipping price stated on the listing or the shipping price actually paid by the buyer, whichever is lower (the shipping FVF part. Without looking at the link you provided (please bear with me I'm alone for all you guys today!), it sounds to me like that seller would end up paying more than he should on item price FVF if he was to proceed that way. Keep in mind that the minus feature on the seller invoice is meant primarily for shipping price adjustments, although I'm not entirely sure of where that adjustment would fall in terms of line item, I'm almost certain it wouldn't alter what the item price FVF is as those are invoiced right when the listing ends.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hello lady.stark,

Not true at all.

I have a saved starter template in the eBay Sell Your Item form and since about a week or so, it has had additional boxes added for all shipping options I have saved in this form. The saved template was made with a quantity of one so there should not be any additional shipping boxes for additional items.

This is an eBay glitch introduced by eBay with changes to the Sell Your Item form in the past weeks.

Nothing to do at all with how a Seller uses Sell Similar or Relist. eBay created this issue.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Another post that I just read mentioned something very odd happening. They seller has explained it better than I can so I will just copy and paste the link to that post.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Problems-with-photos-showing-up-the-same/m-p/195829#U1958...

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@bookelph wrote:

Shipping to Russia...

Can you comment on this topic?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Russian-Regulatory-Changes/m-p/193495#U193495

It is unclear as to what purpose this information is trying to convey?

Should we block Russian buyers?

If we do NOT block, and packages are not delivered, are we protected from neg FB and DSR?

(Strangely enough, I have had  3 Russian buyers in the last few weeks, probably as many as all last year, so some concern with these shipments)

Advice??

Hi bookelph,

As the author of the original post stated, this was posted as a FYI for our sellers. If you have any doubts, I highly recommend consulting the postal or courier company you're about to use before sending parcels to the Russian Federation. They should be the ones with the most accurate information on these new rules.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

@00nevermind00 wrote:

So the GSP team knows what to look at if they want to make the program more palatable to Canadian buyers. Are there any plans to stop merging the threads?

Hi 00nevermind00,

No plans to stop merging the topics yet as we want to give the GSP team full access to your comments and concerns.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hi pjcdn2005,

Final value fees are calculated on the item price as it shows on the completed auction or BIN (the item price FVF part), plus on the first domestic shipping price stated on the listing or the shipping price actually paid by the buyer, whichever is lower (the shipping FVF part. Without looking at the link you provided (please bear with me I'm alone for all you guys today!), it sounds to me like that seller would end up paying more than he should on item price FVF if he was to proceed that way. Keep in mind that the minus feature on the seller invoice is meant primarily for shipping price adjustments, although I'm not entirely sure of where that adjustment would fall in terms of line item, I'm almost certain it wouldn't alter what the item price FVF is as those are invoiced right when the listing ends.

Thanks Raphael, I will pass on the information to the seller.

Ebay has mentioned in the past that they were looking into a way of setting up multiple item discounts, I wish they would do so.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

That is the thing. They NEVER had those boxes before. I never sold multiple quantity items.

If what you see there are zeros, no need to delete them, you can just ignore.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hello lady.stark,

Not true at all.

I have a saved starter template in the eBay Sell Your Item form and since about a week or so, it has had additional boxes added for all shipping options I have saved in this form. The saved template was made with a quantity of one so there should not be any additional shipping boxes for additional items.

This is an eBay glitch introduced by eBay with changes to the Sell Your Item form in the past weeks.

Nothing to do at all with how a Seller uses Sell Similar or Relist. eBay created this issue.

Hi pocomocomputing,

I never said that the boxes wouldn't be there, just that there wouldn't be values in them. Zeroes are not a value 😉

The boxes are there as part of a series of enhancements to help simplify shipping rules. They are not a glitch, and more enhancements are coming.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@lady.stark wrote:

Hello lady.stark,

Not true at all.

I started a fresh listing using the Sell Your Item form and as soon as I choose Flat Rate shipping in International shipping section, I get the additional shipping cost box. The quantity was set to 1 previously.

So starting with a fresh listing makes no difference.

This is an eBay change that caused this annoying glitch.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Another post that I just read mentioned something very odd happening. They seller has explained it better than I can so I will just copy and paste the link to that post.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Problems-with-photos-showing-up-the-same/m-p/195829#U1958...

Thanks for the report, I'll get someone to look into this.

Message 20 of 28
latest reply