Listing Promo Notifications-possible reason for late emails

I had asked one of the eBay.ca staff to look into why I never receive an eBay message email when promotions come up (although they always seem to pop up on my Seller Summary page on the first day). Here was the explanation: "The reason you didn't receive the same in your regular email is because in your eBay Communications Preferences you have declined to subscribe to the General email promotions, which as described on the page include "emails about what's new and hot on eBay, great deals, special events, discount coupons and other special offers." Of course, I imagine if you do "opt in", you'll get the whole spectrum of promotional material (which is why I opted out in the first place). I don't understand why notification of listing promotions should be lumped in with general eBay advertising, but there it is. Try it if you dare and see if you get email notifications in a timely way next time.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry about the run-on paragraph above. For some reason, IE isn't providing the formatting on this board.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That's a good theory but I have always subscribed to the general email promotions and seller email promotions and I rarely receive email or ebay message notification of listing promotions. I also subscribe to Postal mail catalogs and promotions and it's been a few years since I received anything in the mail from ebay. Apparently there is a powerseller newsletter that goes out every once in a while but I've never received it.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Well, I don't know that it's a theory -- that quote came directly from Raphael, so I can't confirm or deny it.  Perhaps bring this up specifically at the next Wed. discussion.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I realize you were just repeating what you were told and wasn't asking you to confirm or deny it. Perhaps it is the reason why you don't received the notifications but many of us have mentioned on the boards that they do not get the notifications even though their preferences are checked off properly so obviously the reason he mentioned is not the answer for everyone.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply