Automation Rule Question

Morning Ebay sellers, we are looking at making some of our listings run on a weekly automation until they sell, does anyone know if they keep their same Ebay # from week to week, or does it change?

Thanks, looking forward to your replies,

Jaime

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Automation Rule Question

My listings that have automatically re-listed have a different item number the next time.

I am trying to get my auto-relists under control as they now count toward monthly free listings and then get charged standard listing fees. It's a nightmare as there is no way to bulk edit.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Automation Rule Question

Thank you for the great info! I will have to think up an good way to organize these so I don't make too many mistakes!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Automation Rule Question

If you go to your 'My eBay' and click on Active Listings, there is an 'Automation Rules' tab above the listings. You can bulk edit them that way. 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Automation Rule Question

I tried the "automation Rule" many years ago when I was running 3,000 to 4,000 listings, including several hundred seven day auction format listings

It did not work for me.

The problem I saw was eBay relisting the "auctions" within a few or several hours of ending - and spread them over several hours - not immediately upon ending as is done with fixed prices GTC listings (automatically extends for 30 more days every 30 days the second it ends)

While a seller cannot control when a buyer purchases a fixed price listing, I always tried to be online when auction listings ended so I can immediately inform the buyer and send combined invoices if and when required. 

With eBay relisting at different times, often several hours later, that defeated my way of doing things. eBay took control of the timing away from me (with auction closing in the middle of the night), I stopped the experiment.

I found it much easier to simply relist unsold auction listings using the "bulk" relisting function, at a time of my choosing.  Also, over time, the "auction" format has lost most of its appeal with eBay buyers who now largely prefer using the fixed price format (they do not have to wait a day or seven to find out if they purchased an item).  As such, I have been running a limited number of auctions in the last few years, usually in answer to one of eBay's "free listing" promotion.

To answer your second question, a new listing number is assigned by eBay when a new listing or relisting starts.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Automation Rule Question

Thanks Pierre for your insight. I find for what we sell the auctions work well, but each category / item type has different buyers. I do like the idea of the bulk relist when I can control the closing times, that allows us the freedom to choose (I like that).

Jaime

Message 6 of 6
latest reply