PAYPAL PROBLEMS - My suggestions

maximus535
Community Member
I have been reading tons of things from people about their problems from paypal, i just had a scam on me too. I send a item to a person, he received it but paypal took the money away from me because he used unauthorized funds. This is crazy because its his fault not myne and they should take the mone away from him. Anyways, what i suggest to everyone is never have a balance on paypal, put it straight to your bank! This way if paypal takes the money away because of a scam being done on you, you can contact your bank and they will guaranteed refund your money, also use your visa or mastercard since they have much better protection against scams than debit cards. Also from experience i learned to always send to confirmed addresses which is the only thing enabling you to qualify for seller protection policy from paypal which is weak and useless as it is.
Yes i agree with people that paypal or ebay dont care about anyone except themselves and their income. If i had a choice i would not use paypal but the truth is that right now we really dont have a choice. People trust paypal by some unknown reason and they tend to shy away from people who dont use paypal and use things like bidpay or other methods because they think its a scam when we all know paypal is a bigger scam than all put together! Anyway we have no choice because the only thing good about paypal is its easy and very quick, but you have to be careful!

Hope this helps.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

maximus535
Community Member
Also if you want more info visit www.paypalsucks.com.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

catalystpaintball
Community Member
Did you contact the buyer? I had this happen once before and it turned out to be an honest mistake on the part of the buyer, or so he claims. At any rate he gave me a Visa number and straightened it out. He might have let it slide if I never called him, but who know's.

Steve
catalyst copy
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This way if paypal takes the money away because of a scam being done on you, you can contact your bank and they will guaranteed refund your money, also use your visa or mastercard since they have much better protection against scams than debit cards.

None of this will work, when you sign up for PayPal you specifically agree to allow them to do this (remove funds from your account) if your balance does not cover the amount ehy are authorized to charge your on file credit card and/or debit any attached bank account.

If you do manage to burn them for 10 dollars it comes at the cost of the end of accepting PayPal. If the amount is large they will chase you down or turn it over to collections. Regardless of the amount it will be reported to your credit profile.

PayPal may suck but they are not fools.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

maximus535
Community Member
Yes paypal will definitely take the money away from you but your bank will give you the money back since its a scam. I had 2 laptop scams done to me worth about 2 grand each and my bank game me all the money back, so even if paypal take the money away from you your bank will give it back.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply