RESTOCKING FEE

Hi Everyone,

I would like to hear what others experience relating to charging a restocking fee and how it seems through your experience as a seller, to affect the return rate of your items. Does it seem, again in your opinion, to put off returns? Does it seem to keep sales lower than they would be, again in your opinion, if you didn't charge it? I'm sure the more experienced sellers have tried various things to help their sales, seen what works and what doesn't but I'm just interested in hearing about the experiences you've had with charging a restocking fee. Also, I'd like to hear from those who've had returns on items they charged restocking fees and hear about how the buyers responded to having to pay it. Thanks 🙂

Janet and Paul
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

RESTOCKING FEE

I've never charged a restocking fee although in my return info it does say that in some cases the original shipping amount may not be refunded with a return. But I think that I've only done that once as I'm not usually comfortable with it. I'm not sure if the system is set up to allow that anymore...at one time you had a choice when the return was for buyers remorse and the original shipping wasn't free but I don't know if that is still the case.

I believe that the system is set up to allow for a restocking fee and I can understand charging it in order to recover the original shipping amount for a buyer remorse return.  But I think that it may also encourage buyers to say that the item was not as described in order to avoid the restocking fee.  In other words..I have mixed feelings about it and I don't know if I would be comfortable doing it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

RESTOCKING FEE

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you see the returns area near the bottom when you list: it said NO restocking fee be charged.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

RESTOCKING FEE

Yes and you can change that if you want to charge one.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply