What is the difference between light packet and small packet if they both weigh the same?

tu-ee
Community Member

What is the difference between light packet and small packet if they both weigh the same?

I cannot find light packet on Canada posts web site

I am concerned because buyers are still paying me less using the shipping calculator for the shipping,  before I invoice them with the shipping cost given to me by Canada posts site.

tu-ee

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Light packet has more size restrictions. The maximum depth is 2cm.

Here is a price list for light packet

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/aboutus/news/announcements/light_packet.jsf

It looks like you already have shipping prices set up in your listings for the U.S. and overseas so that would be the amount that the customer is paying. You can't bill them more than that once they made made a purchase. However, you don't have prices for shipping within Canada. For items less than 2cm thick you can use lettermail and use expedited parcel for larger packages. If you print an expedited label through Paypal the price is discounted about by about 18%.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

light packet has to go through the letter slot,small packet is items that wont,i bought a mail slot,the rates for light packet and canada other letter mail  is in the post office flyer,not on ebay rates calculator.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ah so that's the difference ! I guess when I sell my miniatures they never qualify for light packet as they are wrapped - then put in a box then a padded mailer --- weight is most times only 60 - 105 Grams!

It's a shame because I do not see why the size matters surely it's the weight that has to be charged for?

I guess Canada Post wants to get us sellers and buyers any way they can to pay more for their so called service!

Thanks for the info

Pat

Message 4 of 4
latest reply