eBay.ca or eBay.com - or Both??

canadabeltbuckles
Community Member
In several posts, I read about people having two registrations, or reference to having a registration with eBay.ca and eBay.com.

Is there an advantage to being registered with eBay.com as opposed to being registered with eBay.ca?

What are the benefits of being registered with both?

I just did a quick search on ebay.com for the products I distribute and sure enough, they came up. International exposure is an option while listing your items for either an additional 10 cents or 20 cents, but that is for the UK sight etc...

My understanding is that our listings created in eBay.ca are already visible on the eBay.com sight.

So, are there any advantages to being registered as a user of eBay.com as opposed to eBay.ca?

Maybe I am just confusing the issue, but if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"Is there an advantage to being registered with eBay.com as opposed to being registered with eBay.ca?"

Canadians can no longer register on eBay.com. Since 2003 registration of Canadians is available on .ca only.

Canadian "legacy" users registered on eBay.com prior to 2004 have no advantages. Once registered with eBay (any site) you can list anywhere. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Do you need a US citizenship or valid US address would be satisfactory? Because maintaining a UPS Store forwarding mailbox costs only $15/month and it's not a P.O.Box, i.e. it looks like real address.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There is NO advantage for a Canadian to register today on .com instead of .ca, NONE. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Because maintaining a UPS Store forwarding mailbox costs only $15/month and it's not a P.O.Box, i.e. it looks like real address

We have a company out here that is located in Sumas Washington, it is called Ship Happens, we use their address to have all our UPS, USPS, Fedex, etc parcels delivered. They only charge us $4 CDN to PU deliveries. And any one can use them.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The only advantage in the future is for Canadian sellers that sell books.... as well as other media items.

List on eBay.com and you are limited by the shipping rule.... shipping maximums

List on eBay.ca and you use Canadian values, Canada Post, for shipping, and that means to the US as well.

Up until Wednesday, there was no difference.

Today there is...

If eBay institutes more rules, it will be advantageous to be in Canada... working with the higher cost of shipping within Canada and to countries outside of Canada.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply