how can I find my transaction ID?

hjk830
Community Member

I ordered an item on ebay, but never received it (it's been nearly 60 days)

so i messaged the seller about a refund, and he asked me to give him either my paypal email or transaction id. (he does not specify if he means a Paypal transaction ID or any other transaction ID, if there is any)

Ebay does not let me type my email in the message (even without dots and @) 

not to mention a lot of people say you shouldn't give your paypal email to sellers. 

I also can't find my transaction ID. 

I made my paypal account on the day of the transaction (I think right before purchasing) 

and the transaction does appear in my bank account summary, but not in my paypal history. (I'm not sure if I used it as a guest at that time)

I also can't open a dispute on paypal because it requires my transaction ID and I cannot find it anywhere. 

please help! So frustrating.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is to late to open a dispute anyway.

You only have 45 days of buyer protection.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

To get the transaction ID you log into

paypal > account > transaction ID > details

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

give him either my paypal email or transaction id.

Your pp email is the email you attached to your paypal account. As a seller, I find my customer's by their names, which is actually what PP records, not the eBay ID or the email. However, your seller may have been trying to confirm your identity so that they don't refund to some random scammer. It's a cross-check in other words.

I'm sorry your first purchase went badly. There are very strong Buyer Protection policies in place, but that 45 day deadline is firm.

Did you back your paypal purchase with your bank account alone? Or were you smart enough to back it with a credit card?

If the latter, phone the card's 1-800 number and ask about a chargeback. The customer service clerk will need all your transaction numbers, dates, values, etc, so have those ready for her.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply