Combining Listings

I have several listings where I would like to group them, either in response to a request from a customer, or to simply help move inventory with a special lot deal.

I have hockey cards, so an example would be to group Edmonton Oilers cards.

Ideally, I would view all my listings in the Manage Active Listings screen, and select boxes beside the cards I want to group, then select a "group listings" option from the edit drop-down box. A new listing window would open up that would include details of all the cards I selected, along with all the pictures from those items. I could then have the ability to make edits and adjust my price and shipping cost. Once I hit "submit" the group listing would be active and all those individual items would be deemed "ended" and show up in the ended listing area.

I looked at the bulk listing tool and this is not what I am looking for. Is there a tool that does what I described, or is this perhaps an idea that should be pushed up to e-Bay to consider adopting?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Combining Listings

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to do this is to write a new listing.

It does help if you save your pictures to your desktop for ease of reuse. And you can copy and paste your descriptions to a desktop text document for editing.

Both would speed things up.

But the big slowdown is going to be in Item Specifics.

Usually when I have done this for a customer, I will attach the correct pictures, make the description a list of titles (because it is usually books) and make the Title the buyer's name, making it unlikely that someone will swoop in and 'steal' the carefully negotiated deal.

The original listings go on my Unsold List, and the buyer is given a deadline.

Miss the deadline and the special listing is deleted, the customer goes on the Blocked Bidder List as a timewaster, and the closed listings are relisted.

I'm not sure a group listing such as you describe would actually be all that useful, since pulling together all your Oilers cards could mean the potential customer would be forced to buy potential duplicates.

How does encouraging buyers to use the Cart work for you?

I believe the Cart allows the seller to modify shipping and/or asking prices. I could be wrong.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Combining Listings

Thanks for your response.

By cart, do you mean the ability to buy a group of items and then request an invoice?

This feature would be OK except I find a lot of buyers don't know how to do it or who cannot make this request (depending, I think, if they use the app or the website). If this is the preferred route, I wish e-Bay would make it super-simple and clear how they can request multiple items from a seller and also request an adjustment in price (ie. I would give 10% off if purchasing over $100 worth of items).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply