Dec 7-13 New Listing Promo Fixed or Auction on CDN site only

New listing promo see dates in subject line.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Dec 7-13 New Listing Promo Fixed or Auction on CDN site only

Note Dates below are not correct.......but promo is valid Dec 7-13

Please note: sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. The promotion is eligible only for listings with Canadian Dollars specified as the currency.

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then create a listing, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings per month during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax.  Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards.  Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
This Promotion starts on Friday, November18th, 2016, at 00:00:01 EST (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Friday, November 24th, 2016, at 23:59:59 EST (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”), for listings on www.ebay.ca.

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

1. The Promotion excludes 1-day and 3-day durations.
  2. The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  3. All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  4. The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. However, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I sure wish that they would give us one for .com as that I could really use.  I try to list more on .com than .ca.  I guess now we will be left of the .com promo's.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

When I clicked the "Activate Offer" link in your comment I got "Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired." ...and I don't see this promo under My eBay either. Looks like a buggy promo. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I was NOT invited to the party AGAIN.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

me either, again..

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I received this Promo for a change but it is not much good as I list very little on ca.mostly on .com but I'm sure it will help some body out

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

No invite. Disappointing!

Is ebay's sole strategy for these promotions to actually only create disappointment for uninvited sellers?

Weirdos are running these promos.

For invited sellers, does initial anticipation turn to displeasure with few, if any, additional sales? I wouldn't know...

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

I feel like I'm being willful ignored as a eBay.ca seller who's always listed in CAD. With GTC listings, they know I'm here to stay so it's as if they don't give a rat's patootie about appealing to me. Or making me happy. I'm insulted. This must be the 12th promo I haven't gotten.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Didn't get it either .... I have had "1 as in ONE only" since JULY WT*   Maybe because I'm an Apple person which as you know isn't supported that well ..... try importing files from Filemaker ...... they don't know what that is, have already verified that. So I am the Queen of cut & paste every listing manually. Lost more items from draft last night ...put 10 in went to list 7 there ... and I thought cut & paste was finally done for the night.

On my way to my quilting group/non ebay ... get refreshed and come home and call ebay for a "little chat" problem is 99.9% of the time they are not familiar with Canada or our "challenges"

Maureen, saw Winnipeg on the news last night, the weather, not funny. You keep warm and safe.

Dear nephew is in Regina for RCMP training, raised and never out of Vancouver, LOL LOL, he is freaking at the weather, heard it got this cold in other parts of Canada but  really LOL ... I reminded him that I had told him my first winter in Edmonton set a record 42 consecutive days of it never getting above -40F ( temp + wind chill) and he couldn't believe it ..... he does now!!!!!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I got lucky this time and the last couple. Missed a bunch before that. I wondered if maybe there is a correlation between having a store subscription and qualifying for promos but apparently not, based on everyone's responses here.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

With GTC listings, they know I'm here to stay

Probably.

After all, these promotions are for eBay's benefit not ours.

If they want more listings in some categories, or if auction numbers are dropping off, or if they want us to list on dotCA, that's where the promotions will be.

If they have 'too many' listings, no promotions.

We should (but of course we won't) regard promotions as occasional gifts or tips.

What we shouldn't do (but of course we will) is base our business plan on free listings.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

You're correct.

I do know they are incentives as opposed to rewards.

However, I'm slugging away here every day, providing great products and customer service to my buyers, and free advice for all who take it on the Discussion Boards yet still it is as if I have some kind of stink to me they way the promos seem to go to everyone selling on ebay EXCEPT me because I have already done what ebay wants us to do. That being list in CAD and GTC. Where is my 'Thanks for being a good little seller. Here, have a bone.'?

I am feeling wholly unappreciated. And therefore annoyed.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I'm thinking specifically of one of those promos where, for no good reason, they give you reduced Final Value Fees on the next 10 items you list. That kind of thing.

But getting back to my original gripe, if I keep getting overlooked for promos like this, I'm going to switch back to 30-day terms for the listings that won't be affected negatively by sitting in Unsold for a week or ten days each month, taking GTC away from those.

The Good Till Cancelled format is slightly less work for me but not enough to make always paying a premium for it when I could be using Promos for free. 

Being always overlooked for Promos is a total disincentive for doing what was expected and/or asked of me. 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

We should (but of course we won't) regard promotions as occasional gifts or tips.

What we shouldn't do (but of course we will) is base our business plan on free listings.

LOL!!  Funny, but true!   🙂  

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

There now is also a USA promo with the exact same dates......

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/AuctionorFixed.html

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

This is so bizarre. I clicked on the link by skylarstuff on the second post a couple days ago on computer and it didn't work. I just tried clicking it on my phone and it activated, except it gave me a time frame of Dec 10-16......

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

I'm envious. I still get the red line of text that say, 'We don't value your happiness anymore'.

Here is the one from ebay.com. Also not invited to it with my selling ID. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 12.11.58 PM.png

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

From previous experience, check on the 10th and you probably have a promo to list then.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I honestly don't understand why I got it except it's for Dec 10-16 according to my phone screen. I'd post a screen cap but stupid ebay discussion board doesn't accept .png format images and I can't be bothered to convert it to .jpg.Gonna sleep, just got home from graveyard shift.

Yes I'll check on the 10th to see if I actually got a promo. Except I won't list until Dec 16th because I'll do 10 days auction ending on the 26th, so that ppl won't expect them to arrive before xmas...

Message 20 of 20
latest reply