Product Catalogue cards

I think my thoughts on the structured data initiative have been made fairly clear already: I think it's wonderful, an excellent idea but the Product Catalogue for me wherever it makes a match is a nightmare of grossly incorrect item specifics which wreck my perfectly fine item specifics without my prior knowledge or consent with no way to avoid it.

That being said, I have caught fleeting glimpses of what I can only think is a new initiative coming as part of the structured data move. I've mentioned it before in other threads but the moment was gone before I could screencapture it and I was unable to recreate what I saw. Until today.

If the Product Catalogue ever works the way it should, this will be an exciting feature.

As you can see, it is a work in progress. 

Has anyone else been seeing this?

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 12.51.56 PM.pngI found it on the bottom of one of my listings after the Product Catalogue was trying to infect it with its disease.

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 12.52.57 PM.png

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Product Catalogue cards

Here is another one. I found I can trigger them if I go to Sell Similar on one of my do-not-let-the-product-catalogue-touch listings and then make a change to it triggering the item specifics overwrite (all wrong) and then Preview to confirm it is all wrong and then Cancel. 

That will put the link to the card on the bottom of the original listing. Don't try this at home. Or if you do, make sure  you do it with a tester listing by hitting Sell Similar. Or you will wreck your perfectly good one. 

This card has a photo but, of course, it's the wrong photo. My listing was the Back To The Future time machine. And scale. This card is for a 1:64 scale diecast (standard Hot Wheels or Matchbox size) which they are advertising as 1:11.5 which is a HUGE diecast car model. Like it would take up a third of my desk. So who would be accountable for a SNAD when the ebay Product Catalogue (which we are powerless as sellers to fix or prevent) overwrites such misinformation on a listing? I'd like to know. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 4.14.56 PM.png 

Message 2 of 2
latest reply