eBay Member User ID History is displaying incorrect information for me

Here is a curiosity.

I discovered it when I was answering someone else's question about user IDs.

Mine is displaying incorrect data about my user ID. I've had this account since mid-May of 2006, with no changes, yet it says I signed up on December 2015. I looked back to that date in my own personal calendar and I can see nothing in my own notes of the day that might explain this anomaly. Is anyone else seeing dates that are not accurate? I looked at a few other users' ID History and nothing stands out as being weird, or specific to this date in particular. I think this showed up recently because I know that when I have looked at my User ID History in the past, it showed the correct information.

Like I said, I've had this account since May of 2006. I've never tried to change the ID even thought I've wondered about it a time or two. But this makes it look like I've only been registered for a few months. Weird. Or does it say Dec. 15 of 2010? Regardless, it's incorrect. But what is the reason for that? Is anyone else seeing this bug?

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 1.25.18 PM.png

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm beginning to think that eBay has assigned a staff member to make sure mjwl2006 has issues with the site -- with betting on the results... Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Here is a curiosity.

I discovered it when I was answering someone else's question about user IDs.

Mine is displaying incorrect data about my user ID. I've had this account since mid-May of 2006, with no changes, yet it says I signed up on December 2015. I looked back to that date in my own personal calendar and I can see nothing in my own notes of the day that might explain this anomaly. Is anyone else seeing dates that are not accurate? I looked at a few other users' ID History and nothing stands out as being weird, or specific to this date in particular. I think this showed up recently because I know that when I have looked at my User ID History in the past, it showed the correct information.

Like I said, I've had this account since May of 2006. I've never tried to change the ID even thought I've wondered about it a time or two. But this makes it look like I've only been registered for a few months. Weird. Or does it say Dec. 15 of 2010? Regardless, it's incorrect. But what is the reason for that? Is anyone else seeing this bug?

I show 08-Feb-16 for my ID, been here unchanged on eBay,ca since Feb 10, 2004. Another eBay bug / glitch.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

What the heck?! Oh well, at least I am in good company. I'll ask about it at the Weekly Chat, I suppose. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Its been like that for at least several months that I know of.  Sometimes you can find someone who has changed ID names a few times and it will show a change in 2013 but that they only first registered in 2016!  Makes no sense but at least all the ID changes are still there and in the right chronological order.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I have 2 ID's I use

rcrawford34  since 2000

weaversofspeech  since 2001 

both show up as correct on my Feedback Profile but in history rcrawford34 is 2003 and weavers is Feb 2016

rcrawford34  had a change in 2003 when ebay  did not allow one to use their email  addresses as id's anymore so it was reduced to the start of my email addy

weaversofspeech has never been changed

another glitch is under Profile  Public Statistics accessed through the boards   This began when Lithium took over the boards

both give the wrong sign up date  as 2003

while not posting here much now  I used to be very active on the boards for yrs 

I have posted on the boards thousands and thousands of times over the years  with both id's 

under Public Statistics it says weavers has posted about 187 times and rcrawford34 has posted under 100 times 

asked Kalvin about it soon after Lithium took over he said it was incorrect but could not be changed 

weavers

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Me to, on my About Me page is the correct date of 2002. But on a user info request I made it was showing November of 2015. I want my 14 years back!!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Raphael who is the eBay Canada staff person that handled member issues took note of this problem and it's been logged for a glitch fix. I reported it soon after creating the thread but I don't know how long it will take to be corrected. It's a weird one to be sure.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
Raphael who is the eBay Canada staff person that handled member issues took note of this problem and it's been logged for a glitch fix. I reported it soon after creating the thread but I don't know how long it will take to be corrected. It's a weird one to be sure.

Just checked my ID is now correctly showing 10-Feb-04 (so it got corrected at some point, it's not a piece of data I look at very often).

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

image.jpegInteresting. Mine is still messed up under ID History but accurate on my About Me page. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Wow. I'm back at a desktop; those photos above were posted with my mobile device. They are SO huge. My apologies. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I'm beginning to think that eBay has assigned a staff member to make sure mjwl2006 has issues with the site -- with betting on the results... Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Hahahaha ahahaha! I'm so certain you're correct about that, I marked it the Solution to my problem. 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Case in point: I'm still inexplicably tagged as a Top Reviewer despite having never written a Product Review on ebay.

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 7.43.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 7.43.24 AM.png

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I am not a seller but the issue here I think applies to me. I have noticed that there is an ID (nouca_yddma4h6) which I am not familiar with at all in the Member User ID History. Where did it come from?

ebay user ID history.PNG

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

That is a very good question. Did you change the name on your account to something more usable after creating it? Or was it always as it is now?

For that issue, I think I would actually call ebay Customer Service because you should not at all have another member's account ID associated with yours. That is far more worrisome than having the wrong dates assigned to your ID display. Help & Contact at the top and bottom of the page. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

My ID history currently shows active from 04-Feb-16.  Whether this is February 4, 2016, or February 16, 2004 makes no difference, they're both wrong.  I've used the same ID since November 10, 2001.  My profile page shows the correct date.  It seems very odd that something as basic and longstanding on eBay as ID histories would become corrupted for no reason. 

As an aside, I've noticed over the years that in some cases when things go inexplicably awry on some particular segment of the site that had been stable for a long time, that area soon gets altered (or even removed).  I recall, for example, that this happened with the "Me" page -- suddenly editing was no longer available, and the next month a notice was issued stating the pages were being phased out. 

Who knows what new monkeybusiness this could portend?  

Message 16 of 16
latest reply