I'm still here!

momoftwingles2
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

It's been quite a while since I have posted so I thought I would stop in and say HI!

I was surprised today when I checked my dashboard (not on my van but in My eBay!) and found the following: 

I'm not sure when they will realize that I have not sold anything since the beginning of November, 2010!  Oh, well, at least I am able to pop in and catch up with some old friends and perhaps meet some new ones along the way!

Our family had a terrific summer with the majority of it being spent in Ottawa.  Emi was on the ice there at The Minto Club for 3 weeks and competed for the first time on the competitive side of figure skating.  She was in the top half of 53 skaters in Pre-Juv.  She had 10 days off to play and sitesee with our family and on August 8th when we arrived back home to Saskatchewan all three girls were on the ice in Tisdale for summer camp there for 4 hours a day/5 days a week.  I must admit they have all advanced beyond anyone's wildest dreams.  

Fall Camp starts tonight for all three of them and school starts tomorrow.  It's hard to believe that Emi will be in Grade 4 and Kaitlyn & MacKenzie (our twins) are in Grade 9.  That must mean that I am getting OLDER!

Emi received her Saskatchewan Provincial Figure Skating jacket last week and was thrilled!  The provincial team coach said it was the smallest one they have ever ordered. LOL  She's 9-1/2 years old and the size of a 5 or 6 year old!

I hope that anyone on the east coast who met Hurricane Irene face to face is alright.  My brother, Doug, lives two blocks from the ocean in Virginia Beach, VA.  He did just fine.  There was a lot of damage there, but not as bad as it could have been.  In New Jersey my cousin lives two blocks in one direction from the ocean and one block from the bay....she was ORDERED to get out and refused so the emergency team gave her a sharpie and told her to write her name and SS# on her arm.  She and her boyfriend did as well as her 13 year old daughter.  When it got really bad there they tried to get out only to find the bridge that connected where they live to the mainland had been closed.  Thankfully, they are okay.  STUPID, but okay.  INCONVENIENCED, but okay.

During our trip this summer we were in Virginia Beach to do more paperwork on my Dad's estate.  He passed away on April 15, 2009 and due to the criminal behavior of two other brothers (not in Va. Beach) it has taken awhile to get to this point.  We are waiting on a final clearance from the IRS and then all will be done.  Together with my four daughters and two granddaughters we finally laid my parents urns to rest in a beautiful Victorian cemetary in Newark, New Jersey where my Mom's family is buried in the Newton family plot.  (My Mom is related to Sir Isaac Newton and some of his relatives are buried there.)  The Newton Monument that marks the plot is a beautiful tribute to Mom's family.   It was a sad day, but it was a day of peace for me to know that my Mom and Dad are together and that my brothers may bring no more harm to them.  They do not know where they are buried.

Now home since August 8th, time is flying by!  The weather has been gorgeous here.  Our road and bridge ARE STILL not repaired from the April 12th accident I was in.  Buses start running tomorrow and who knows how long the temporary patch will last with the bus going over it twice each day. 

I wish all of you a fabulous back-to-school selling season!  You've never been far from my thoughts!

Take care!

Susan

(You can find me on Facebook by typing in Susan Lynn Swanson!)

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I'm still here!

momoftwingles2
Community Member

I guess it would have helped if I had shown you what my dashboard said as of today!

Here it is!

Your performance standards on the last evaluation are Top-rated

Susan 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I'm still here!

Hi. Nice post, Sounds like all is well and you are having a summer and a half, Hope it all carries through the fall and (grrr) winter as well. As usual, doesnt seem to be much going on in this board though. Take care, enjoy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply