If I get a refund because the item was never received, can I get the credit on another credit card since the original card is now cancelled?

I purchased an item on a Visa credit card through PayPal.  But now I need a credit because the item was never received.  My original credit card is now cancelled.  Can I advise them to give me a credit on a new Visa card?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If I get a refund because the item was never received, can I get the credit on another credit card since the original card is now cancelled?

I doubt it. You could try adding the new card to your Paypal account immediately.

Might work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Nope.. its going back to the source card. Can you call that card issuer for advice.

If it is rejected it should eventually return to PayPal and be credited to your balance . Could take a month.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I doubt it. You could try adding the new card to your Paypal account immediately.

Might work.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Nope.. its going back to the source card. Can you call that card issuer for advice.

If it is rejected it should eventually return to PayPal and be credited to your balance . Could take a month.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply