Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

Anyone else having trouble conecting to PayPal??

For the past 2 days I couldn't connect to Paypal. I figured that they were doing some sort of maintenance on the site but I'm not sure. Is there anyone else having this trouble?? I keep getting this error: There is a problem with this website's secur...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Adding time to your listing

I don't know if a lot of sellers do this, but if an item of mine does not seem to have much interest, I have been in the practice of extending the 7 day listing to 10 days - with profit to ebay of cours. Now today I see that this is not possible???? ...

WHAT IS THE POINT TO HAVE RULES WHEN THEY ARE NOT ENFORCED? I MEAN REALLY??

I can't even start to imagine the thought process of underpaid and uneducated staff that work at eBay Trust and Safety. I had a buyer win a listing, item number is 260115936205 and the user is decalman705. I had some major issues with him which resul...

How do you handle buyers who want "deals"?

Hi everyone, I have a buyer who asked if I would give him a deal if he bought 2 items. They are low priced to begin with and lots of people buy more than one. I thanked him for his interest and told him that is my best price. It is listed as auction ...

SPP and eChecks

I've got an interesting situation I'm dealing with right now. The buyer, with zero feedback, has a verified Canadian PayPal account and paid with an eCheck. The eCheck has taken 10 days to clear (it hasn't cleared yet, but probably will any day now)....

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

about a month ago, i sold a very large painting, sent it fedex, and a few days later they returned it to my door looking like it had been put through a weedwacker. i emailed original buyer to let her know, she asked for a refund, which i immediately ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

What's the best way to mail to US from Canada

I've been mailing from Michigan every week for the past 4 or 5 years but am contemplating mailing from Canada. I'm tired of all the paperwork, aggravation, time involved & expense of crossing the border. Do most of you use Canada Post, UPS, Fedex, et...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal Site Issues

Hi All, We are currently experiencing site issues that are resulting in customers being unable to login. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter. Amanda

NEGATIVE from not responding buyer X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(

X-( X-( X-( X-( X-( X-( X-( After she emailed me that the sling she bought from me doesn't fit her I responded immediately offering exchange for different size or refund upon returning the item... I sent the message through eBay and directly to her e...

Did you all have fun at eBay Live 2007 ???

Just got back home a few hours ago from Boston, wow, 10 hours car ride, but worth it. It was great to meet all the eBay Canada staff and Bill Cobb! Here are a few pics that I took for those that could'nt make it: http://sell-ur-stuff.blogspot.com/ :-...

I had to drive 10 hours to eBay Live but I got PayPal money back!

I have had an open claim on PayPal outstanding from Apr 2006, yes 2006! Another one from a few months back, and well we all know how PayPal works! I met with a PayPal CSR at eBay Live and talked to him about my frustrations and I showed him the two c...

My bank now "freezing funds" on all $US cheque deposits

Just advised today by my bank (technically a credit union) that all $US and GBP funds covering anything other than cash (i.e. cheques, money orders etc) will be held (read "frozen and inaccessible") for 15 days from the date of deposit. I'm told that...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

PayPal Credit Card Chargeback (Unconfirmed Address) ARGH!

Never had a big problem shipping to Unconfirmed address before - especially in Canada. (I had to think hard before I did it again for another one in PQ today though.) Buyer of item # 180107908623 put cell number in her shipping address and contact in...

FYI....CANADA POST EXPEDITED...

i sent a package out on april 12, and still not received by the buyer. as i was saying before, they now allow you to open claims much earlier than they used to, so i opened one (this is usually done more for the buyer, so they can have an actual ref....

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Watcher's

I get so many watcher's and never bids! It doesn't seem to matter at what time I list. Buyers watch an item and forget all about it.Since ebay introduced this feature I noticed sales have dropped. In my opinion biggest mistake they did for seller's

Problems with PayPal shipping tool?

Anyone having problems using the PayPal shipping tool? I've tried to send a package twice now (last night + this morning) & received the following error: "We are currently unable to connect to Canada Post (CP). No label was generated and the funds fo...

can you cancel a bid AFTER they've paid?

this guy's getting on me nerves...took him almost two weeks to pay, (after a reminder), THEN, pays the lower of the two shipping charges and asks for the more expensive shipping method, where it is clearly outlined on the invoice the difference betwe...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

And you thought it was slow before...

I can't imagine that zero advertising on Google.com is going to improve things... eBay Pulls Google AdWords Ads To Protest Google Checkout Moves Jun. 13, 2007 at 5:24pm Eastern by Greg Sterling This week, eBay Live is happening in Boston, but the eve...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

how to get .COM sales?

i guess you need to be registered with ebay.com to get their promotional emails? if so, is there any other way of finding out when their sales are, so we can use them? or would it not work for us since we're registered with .ca??? maybe a stupid ques...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping to Austrailia

I wander if anyone can give me some advice. I shipped $200.00 worth of product to a lady in Austrailia, I am in Canada, and when I went to the post office, I just trust they will tell me the best way to ship my parcels. Well turns out, it went surfac...

eBay Submit Best Offer COUNTEROFFER option

Not certain if this applies to many other fellow eBay sellers, but whenever I post to my store with Buy It Now, I include the "Submit Best Offer" option. Prospective buyers can send me in their offers for consideration, and eBay.CA gives me the optio...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

5 cent Listing day credits.......What to do?!!

On 5 cent listing days I have learned from another thread that it is better to create new listings or sell similar because if they sell the second time you only get the 5 cent fee credit. Now that we are on the other side of 5 cent day, I have many m...

BYE SENS BYE :-(

my team lost last night...very sad...:-( i guess its still something that they were the second best hockey team this year, nothing to sneeze at...maybe next year...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

A day in the life of an Ebay Powerseller

I thought this would be a fun topic...have sellers here share with us what a typical day at work on your ebay business is like. Whether you are full-time or part-time, be neat to hear about a typical day (or evening) in your ebay life. We won't talk ...

• 50 replies
  • 0 helpful

Friday night Dinner Cruise .... in Boston at eBay Live 2007

Going to eBay Live 2007 in Boston? Are you free on Friday night, June 15, 2007? Do you want to do something FUN!!!!! WOW!!!!! and out of the ordinary? Well, we are organizing a Dinner Cruise: With: http://www.odysseycruises.com/index.cfm PRICE: for a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Live Email ~ Thanks for nothing once again eBay!

So we get the email to attend eBay live and why its sooo good for Canadians. The one & only thing that captured my attention was the "Special Hotel Rate" they had for all Canadian ONLY. This made me jump on the offer & I decided to go to eBay live th...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback extortion????

Here is a scenario... Customer buys a product - in the listing it states that I provide a full refund (minus shipping) if they are not completely satisfied. They received the item today and sent me the following message ---------------------- hi, i b...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer charged duty Who should Pay? I need another View!!!

Hey Guys and Gals I have received this email today and he wants me to go good for the duty charges. Who pays Seller or Buyer. "Hi there. I received a postal card from Royal Mail today saying that they can only deliver the item when I pay the import d...

Help! Item is at french customs, buyer won't pay duty...

In February we sold an item to an international buyer who lives in France. She wrote to us maybe a month later saying that the item was at French customs (she got a letter) and we had to pay something to clear it through customs. I wrote back saying ...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.