can you cancel a bid AFTER they've paid?

katiusciav
Community Member
this guy's getting on me nerves...took him almost two weeks to pay, (after a reminder), THEN, pays the lower of the two shipping charges and asks for the more expensive shipping method, where it is clearly outlined on the invoice the difference between the two. emailed him back making this clear (4 days ago), still nothing...again. he just *feels* like trouble/not worth the headache...meanwhile, he's continuing his shopping on ebay and paying everyone else quite quickly and nicely. i get the feeling he just doesn't want it.
so anyways, long story short, i think i know i can cancel a bid after and refund him, my concern is: if you cancel a bid, can they still leave feedback???
Kat
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your only real option now is to offer him a mutual cancellation. If you just refund his payment and refuse to ship, he can file against you as a non-performing seller. Both parties can still leave feedback whatever you do. This is called being between a rock and a hard place 😞

Good luck with it.

Ann
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
you're telling me. i think i'll just email him again stating that if i don't hear from him in a week, i will send it the way he paid for it, and that's that. friggin people man!! communication much??
Kat
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Don't wait a week. Paypal requires you to ship within seven days of payment, and you don't want to get on Paypal's bad side 🙂
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
AAAAAAWWWWWWW GREEEEEEAAAAAAATT!! i just emailed him like minutes ago telling him i'd send in a week if he didn't reply...i don't want to get on his bad side either now and email him yet again...i assume you're saying i wouldn't be protected should something happen and he file a claim??
so i just went back now and re emailed him back...who cares if he gets irritated...its myself i need to protect...thanks ann!:-D
Kat
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

grimsbygaming
Community Member
I had a customer do the same thing to me a couple months ago....paid for Expedited Parcel shipping and asked for a free upgrade to Xpresspost. It was a domestic shipment and the difference in service time was two business days, so I basically did the same thing but I only gave the guy until the next afternoon to reply, which he didn't and I sent the item out like he paid for it. I figure it wasn't worth waiting a week for his blessing considering he could've easily had the item by that time with Expedited Parcel shipping.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply