NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
about a month ago, i sold a very large painting, sent it fedex, and a few days later they returned it to my door looking like it had been put through a weedwacker. i emailed original buyer to let her know, she asked for a refund, which i immediately issued through paypal, for 239us. about a week ago, she sent an email stating she still hasn't received the refund. i thought it rather strange, so i emailed her the actual receipt page of my refund to her. i told her if it was a credit card she used, it may take a while to post to her account-i dont' know if this is true or not, but it was a guess. this morning, i get a paypal dispute from her stating she hasn't received her refund, with a debit of 239us from my paypal account. nice. so i provide paypal proof of the refund that they asked for, and now they're 'working on it'...
my question is, even though there is no question i refunded her, and paypal now has the proof, can she still win in any other way???? i know it sounds like a dumb question, since the answer should be obvious, but with some stories i've read on these boards, you just never know.
does anyone know how long this ordeal usually takes, and if i'm protected from paypal in this instance???
i'm having real bad luck lately with all aspects of ebay, profits are way way down, and then all this other crap that's been going on, i've already decided to just lay low with ebay for awhile...after all, its only sooner or later that ebay will notify me that i've lost my powerseller status...:-(
Kat
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

Hello Kat,

I'm sure with the Pay Pal proof of refund you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck lately...I've been slow also. I've been selling on eBay for 3 years now and found it to be a roller coaster ride with lots of ups and downs. Hang in there, business will go back up.

Best of luck!
Nora

Trinkets in Time
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

i'm having real bad luck lately with all aspects of ebay, profits are way way down, and then all this other crap that's been going on, i've already decided to just lay low with ebay for awhile...after all, its only sooner or later that ebay will notify me that i've lost my powerseller status...:(

Ditto!

I hope they get this resolved for you soon Kat. And I hope eBay pays attention to all the dissatisfied sellers. ("When you wish upon a star") I can dream, can't I?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

Kat - we have a buyer do this to use once also and PAYPAL refunded the money back to our account within 48hrs.

I would recommend that you call PAYPAL and speak to a live agent and have them escalate the resolution for you, if your lucky they might credit the funds back to immediately.

As for being protected - Yes you are since you can easily prove you have already refunded her.

I would also write into EBAY Trust & Safety and inform them what this buyeris doing to you via PAYPAL and her fraudulent claim.

Cheers,

TIM @ FTL
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
thanks tim 🙂 I already called paypal first thing this morning to find out the details-the process, how long etc...i got the 'standard phone script' answer-they need to investigate and they don't know how long it will take-but they have 30 days to work it 😮
i think i will call tomorrow morning and request to have the hold removed from my account, after all, all they have to do is 'look' - its right there!! as if good sellers deserve this crap...!!
what would writing to ebay trust and safety do?? i can't really prove that she didn't receive it? she really could be just a twit, and not see it, or there could be a technical error. anyways, we'll see what tomorrow brings and how much of a rotten mood i'm in then 😄
Kat
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
update on the scenario: took your advice tim and called (they're still open now), and spoke with someone in the dispute department. reason she doesn't see her refund with her credit card company is because it's sitting in her paypal account. when you send money to someone, you can either 'send money', or 'refund payment'. if you refund payment, it refunds her funding source that they used (her credit card), if you just 'send payment', it goes into her paypal account. she obviously wasn't sharp enough to look into her paypal account to see i did refund her. if the dispute she opened was with paypal, they'd be able to release the funds right away, but becuase the dispute is with her credit card company, i now have to wait until all the persons are notified of the refund, which could take awhile...greeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaat!! i emailed her and told her to look in her paypal account!! and please close the dispute so i can continue my business on ebay...SHEEEESH!!!
ya learn something new everyday...
Kat
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

grimsbygaming
Community Member
When I issue refunds through PayPal, I always use the refund option as opposed to simply sending the buyer money. The reasons are:

1) The PayPal fees for that transaction are reversed
2) It goes straight back to the buyer's credit card
3) Better tracking -- I can instantly tell which transactions have been refunded.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
paypal is really getting on me nerves lately man! not because my account is STILL frozen with this claim, or because my buyer who opened the claim has a birdbrain, but because everytime i call, i get a completely different story. i hate incompetence in this world, and i hate when i feel someone is telling me a story just to keep me happy, when they don't even know what the hell they're talking about themselves. i understand it takes time for the credit card company to get back to paypal to notify them that the buyer cancelled the claim, but why isn't my refund enough for them to credit back my account and wait for the credit card company's proof themselves? and why isn't the buyer's agreeance enough either? i called yesterday and a guy there told me he would call the credit card company himself, verify the claim was cancelled and refund my account within hours. well, when it still wasn't released as of this morning, i called paypal back and he said he doesn't know why he said that, it isn't even possible for them to do that. i asked him is that how paypal works? every time you call in, you get a lie? he didn't say much, and of course, i couldn't get nothing out of him-just the usual irritating vague evasive crap. then he tells me it could take 75 days to clear it up...oh! i thought it was 30 i say?? oh no, these matters could take up to 75 days! oh...thanks...yet another lie! man i got so mad, i hung up on his face GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRX-(
Kat
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

whoscloset
Community Member
I had a reversed chargeback to a credit card take 10 months to show up in my PayPal account. 😞

Monique

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
omg:O WTF!?!?!? if it takes that long, you'll read about me in the news-disgruntled ebay seller bombs paypal building. that's ridiculous! what reason can there possibly be for a chargeback to take 10 months?!?!? and another thing-get a 1-800 number already paypal, sheeesh!!!
Kat
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

katiusciav
Community Member
UPDATE:

your note monique got me really p**sed, so i called paypal again (reeeeally p**d off), and asked to speak with a supervisor. lady asked me if she could help me instead (usual front line workers), i told her if she's as stupid as the rest of them have been, probably not. i then went to explain to her how every single time i call, i get lied to, given wrong information, given hopeful information, my emails go unanswered, etc..etc...just in that conversation alone, i uncovered ANOTHER two inconsistencies that were told to me by another paypal rep just a few hours ago. long story short, i told her i was very dissatisfied with the level of service i've been given with all the money they fork out of my account, its not a very professional way for them to behave to their customers. i told her i just want a straight, direct and true answer. i also asked her why my claim can't be escalated and why does it really take so long? really, why does it take so long? so then she says 'i'll escalate your case to our chargeback department to work on right now and you should get your money back within a few hours"...waaaaaaaaaa???? hasn't it already been sent there?!?!?!??! well...here we go...the reason it takes so long folks is because paypal has thousands of chargeback cases they need to work on...that just sit there until you're next in line. that's the bottom line. i told her i couldn't believe it hadn't even been sent there yet!!! i also told her with past experience and false promises with paypal, i didn't believe it for a second. that was an hour ago. i just got an email from paypal stating the dispute is now closed, and the money returned to my account. that's how long it takes folks-an hour. the real challenge is getting them to work on it NOW-if you don't want to wait months for your money, you have to basically call bitchin' your head off on the phone...very disheartening. and the thing of it is, and this is what i told her too, i wouldn't care -AS LONG AS I WAS TOLD THE TRUTH ALL ALONG- the fact that i kept getting different answers and being shrugged off it what p*ssed me off enough to call.
there you go
Kat
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

NEED YOUR ADVICE...

whoscloset
Community Member
Ugh

Monique

Message 12 of 12
latest reply