Ebay advises me seller site breeched by a third party and my purchase is cancelled. I already paid

I received an email several hours after making a purchase and paying thru paypal. (text below)

Has anyone experienced this? II expected more from ebay.

dear mom2lhasa

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:  
172073202695 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 GT-P5210 16GB, Wi-Fi, 10.1in - Gold Brown

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

If you already paid for the item:
- Please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

If you have not paid for your item:
- Consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account was not accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay advises me seller site breeched by a third party and my purchase is cancelled. I already paid

To start, I'm wondering the reason this message sender misspelled your buyer ID. That makes me a bit suspicious. Don't click the link(s).

What you DO have to do is go to your Paypal account and contact Customer Service through their Resolution Centre to get your money back. Explain you bought something, and paid, and then got this message. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did this arrive in your eBay Messages too?

IF the ebay is real (and do check the headers on the email) it means the real seller's account* was hijacked.

There is no phone.

Go to Paypal, as instructed by mjwl and open a Dispute. Mention that the seller is NARU. That usually speeds up the refund.

Both eBay and Paypal usually use your actual name rather than your ID, but not always.

*Usually accounts that are hijacked have been dormant for a long time. A look at his feedback will tell you if he has been buying or selling in the past year. More information on member feedbacks is available on toolhaus.org.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply