Is it possible to see best offer amounts that were accepted?

Say if a seller is selling 5 items, and 1 was sold via a best offer, can you see how much that offer was that was accepted? if so where do you go to see? Or is impossible to see and hidden from all other buyers?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re:Is it possible to see best offer amounts that were accepted?

That information is only visible by the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

That information is only visible by the seller.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is the reasoning behind not allowing others to see what a Best Offer item sold for? It's annoying that this information is kept private because as a seller, I need it for research purposes, e.g., to help determine the approximate value of an item that I am about to list. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yeah it is annoying, I have the exact same item and I want to see how much it was sold for so I know what a good price is to list it at, but the sold price is hidden from me.... It used to be that you could see how much it was sold for I believe, I'm not sure when eBay changed that.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, and it's becoming a bigger problem, as more and more sellers are now using the Best Offer selling method. I can't see it being a privacy issue, except perhaps in cases in which a seller has a number of identical items offered in the same listing. For example, a seller makes five widgets available in a Best Offer listing and when one sells, the seller doesn't want future potential buyers to see what that one sold for. But in the majority of cases, Best Offer listings are for individual items. Other comments on this subject would be much appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Well I think eBay should add the feature where once feedback is left it shows the price the item sold for, that way you have 2-4 weeks before other people know what the item sold for, I believe eBay had this feature a while back, where you could view sellers feedback and it would tell you the item and the price it sold for instead of just "best offer was accept" it shows now.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Two developments:

1) On eBay's Best Offer FAQ page, it states that you are supposed to be able to see the price that the item sold for:

Q: Are Best Offers and the accompanying messages public? 

A: For Active items: No... For Closed Items: For Motors: After an item closes, buyers will be able to see all other offer prices. For All Other Categories: Only the winning buyer price and message will be visible.

2) I called customer support and she couldn't explain why it said this on the FAQs page. She said the reason why the information is kept private is because the the buyer and seller have entered into an "agreement" on the price. I still don't see why, after an agreement has been reached, the resulting price should remain private. I don't want to know about the negotiations, or who bought it -- I simply want to know what it sold for. I still don't see why this information is being withheld.

She said that if enough people bring an issue to their attention, they will address it. So if this bothers you as well, call them at 1-866-278-1053.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply