They just don't get it....

----- Original
: "Allan M Purtle"
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 4:33 PM
Subject: RE:Re: CA74258 Thank you for contacting eBay Trust and Safety. (KMM60251506V816L0KM)

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for writing to eBay's Customer Support. I appreciate the
> opportunity to assist you further with your transactions problems. 
>
> I do understand that you have some concerns with the payment that you've
> made for this transaction through PayPal. Now, please be assured that we
> have reviewed all your previous emails into eBay customer support so
> that we're aware of your current situation.
>
> With that being said, I do understand your worries are in regards to the
> hold in which is currently placed on the funds paid through PayPal. I
> have escalated your situation to a PayPal representative to review your
> account and it appears that the pending payment was cancelled and there
> are no further holds on those particular funds for the payment of this
> item. You are now free to seek another item of your choice without any
> of your funds being tied up.
>
> If you feel that the payment is still not released and these funds are
> still being held, you would need to contact PayPal customer support to
> clarify this. Here at eBay, we do not have any ability to review your
> PayPal account and the status of your funds or payments within your
> PayPal account. Therefore, if you have any further questions, you'll
> want to contact PayPal's support group to clarify this situation.
>
> You can contact PayPal via email by clicking on this link:
>
> http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us
>
> Here are their hours of service:
>
> 7:00 AM ET to 1:00 AM ET Monday through Friday
> 9:00 AM ET to 11:00 PM ET Saturday and Sunday
>
> If you have a Premier or Business PayPal account, please call 1 (888)
> 221-1161.  If you have a personal PayPal account, please call 1 (402)
> 935-2050.
>
> I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
>
> Regards, 
>
> Wayne L.
> eBay Customer Support Supervisor
> ______________________________

PayPal is a joke, they have stolen funds from me and have refused to provide any reason for doing so, after spending 8 months demanding documentation and then denying they received any such documentation because those documents prove that they are in violation of section 13. 

Buyers and sellers have lost confidence on a grand scale and are fed up with being treated like dirt so that PayPal and eBay can rob members blind in order to pursue their goals of billion dollar purchases and monopolizing internet based transaction firms.

Just to make my point once more about how unresponsive eBay and PayPal are, I requested 3 times to speak to a human being in management that had an actual name and held an actual position in management and was ignored 3 times. I am well aware of what has transpired and it is obvious that eBay supervisors (you're the third) have no cloo what has transpired given that company doctrine is to play musical chairs, and check off that ticket within 2 minutes to keep the performance review nice and shiny..

PayPal did not release the funds, they refused to do that or offer any alternatives other than to left PayPal collect interest on my money for 30 days... that is not customer service, that is blatant fraudulent representation as we all know that PayPal can indeed release the funds if they were a reputable company which they have ceased to be, and we all know that eBay could have cancelled the transaction but chose to screw over a member as usual.

I personally released those funds myself because no eBay or PayPal employee would respect my request to speak with someone in management, offer any alternatives or do what should have been done and release the funds. Presumably I will have no further issues in similar situations as I can now control my funds when they are being illegally held buy PayPal and with PayPal in violation of there own user agreement, I no longer have to comply with it either.

And the frosting on the cake is that eBay and PayPal, a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay still wonder why their income is shrivelling up. I guess it's to be expected, companies that depend on a strangle hold for a particular business model always end up becoming arrogant, greedy and prepared to do anything to siphon off members funds. Perhaps eBay and PayPal will be the next General Motors, or perhaps the constant cries from members will interest the AG for California. Certainly the current governor will be interested in how his rival has treated the little people over the years. I think it's going to be a short campaign.

Regards
Allan M Purtle

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Most credit cards - when you report your card stolen ---

They automatically cancel that card!!

And then you tried to use it.

You could be the Prime Minister, they would not reinstate that card, because of the fact it could have been Stolen.

I had the same thing happen to me but with BMO
Once you report a card missing, it is canceled immediately, even though I found the card and it was not lost, did not matter, the credit card company can not reinstate that account number even though I phoned within 1/2 hour.

Loré
Message 21 of 27
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
So what you're saying, if I have this right. He phoned Amex and reported his card lost/stolen and then tried to use it.

And that is Amex's fault?

Even the Prime Minister vouching for him would not allow Amex to approve the charge.

Better one man be embarrassed than changing a policy that does everything it can to protect the card members. Also the share holders must be protected.

Lina, this time you don't have a clue what you are talking about. I also didn't think you were a sheep and you just followed. Why not try something and then base your decision on your own experiences.

I love working for them and have now for almost 8 years. They are by far the best company I have ever worked for. They are wonderful employers. We are trained and supported very well. We are paid very well. You have no idea all the things we deal with. It would boggle your mind. We are trained for 12 weeks in the beginning and have on going training all the time. How many employers train for 12 weeks? That should tell you that they want to provide the best service above all.

Colleen
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Lina, in my humble opinion, in your story the blame is on the establishment to make fuss from this. If I am running a business like that, I would gladly give a Governor General a rain-check when his credit card bounces. And even if AMEX contacted the police, I would not let them enter the premises or had a waiter explain the situation to them "outside".

AMEX dispatchers just did what they trained them to do. They did not know the governor general themselves tried to use the card, but the business owner did know that.

Just my opinion though, I don't know the whole story, but your version does not make AMEX look bad at all, the opposite actually.
Message 23 of 27
latest reply

4scrapper...
Of course i will always attack tolls looking for attention, it's my responsibility....

If there was anything positive to say about eBay and PayPal customer service, someone would have said it by now.

I see one relevent comment from Rockeye out of how many ? If you can't read, don't post. There, happy now :^O
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Clearly you don't understand the posting and like to troll, but this is the internet and trolls think they get points for each comment, relavent or not.

Actually I am neither an troll or toll(whatever that is) and do not appreciate being referred as one. Or are you calling yourself a troll or toll as you seem to I also make irrelevant comments. I also don't need or seek attention. I do however exercise my right to voice my opinion.

But I must say I have enjoyed the friendly banter(or maybe I don't clearly understand your postings)]:)
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

I love the way women who have made a bad decision and know it , always try to deflect attention by using that tell tale standby reaction of pointing out spelling errors in a desperate hope to extract themselves. At least that sarted in the real world and has migrated to the internet rather than the other way around like usual. 😛
Message 26 of 27
latest reply

"that is blatant fraudulent representation "

I don't get it. If you feel so strongly about the company, why are you still using eBay to sell your wares? Why would you deal with someone who - you claim - defrauded you? Does not make sense to me.

As far as reaching company executives, I have never had a problem having them answer my telephone call. .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 27 of 27
latest reply