Why can't I access some items with the computers but I can with my phone? (Country restricted)

Hello, since eBay introduced those warning about viewing an item that's not within my country or something similar ("Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed...") there are lots of items I cannot access with desktop computers but I can with my phone with the iOS application. That includes items that are within the same country and even the same province. That includes the ebay daily deals. It seems a bit random about what items are blocked.

Even though I am blocked from seeing an item on the desktop, I can had it to my favorites and even buy it with my phone without a problem. My eBay account is tied with my country (Canada), I see the Canadian flag on top of every page and I shop on eBay.ca.  Anyone knows what's going on?

The attached pic is for the Asus Nexus 7 daily deal from the home page. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why can't I access some items with the computers but I can with my phone? (Country restricted)

sylnor
Community Member
Funny because I have the same problem, but the other way around...I put items on watch on my laptop, but cannot see them from my ipad...
Come on eBay, fix this....
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ok I think I got the solution. I use google chrome and I had to change the default language to English in the advanced parametres. Now it's displaying alright on both ebay.ca and ebay.com.

Ebay, FIX THIS!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Dear eBay, a year later and I still have this problem. I've seen other people have the same message and they just give up and shop somewhere else. I can't even check my own auctions on my computer! I have to use my phone to verify them.
FIX THIS ASAP!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply