Why is it cheaper to buy from Europe or China than the US

I now miss out US products because the mailing costs are so high and the service is terrible. I am getting stuck with charges at the door it is just ridiculous. I order from Asia, China and Europe and the shipping is cheaper and more efficient. UPS are the biggest rip off of the lot never go with them.  Ebay is becoming so expensive the US sellers advertise free shipping but when you read the small print it is only for the US.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

marnotom!
Community Member

By the looks of things, you recently made a purchase where the shipping method was UPS Ground, which is a pretty economical way to get items from the U.S. to Canada, but it comes at a price, which is that you get slugged with all sorts of fees related to customs processing and tax and duty collection.

I suspect that the items from Europe and China you're referring to are ones that shipped as oversize letters (Small Packet) as most sellers who sell internationally on eBay find that the shipping price for anything heavier than 2 kg--and thus has to ship as a parcel rather than a "letter"--drives the price too high for most buyers' tastes.

In other words, I think you're making an apples and oranges comparison.  If you had found a seller from outside of North America offering a hoist like the one you recently purchased from the United States, the shipping price would be a lot more than what you paid. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I think this is the first letter complaining about UPS we've seen in at least three months. Suddenly I feel very nostalgic.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply