BEWARE THE BULK EDITOR ADDS PRODUCT CATALOGUE DETAILS TO YOUR ITEMS WITHOUT WARNING

I've been griping about this for more than a year but thought it worth mentioning again. I just found one of my listings had been crammed full of incorrect Product Catalogue information and, in looking at the history of Revision on the item, saw it happened when I accidentally used the Bulk Editor to make changes with it.

For the record, if you have an Item where the Product Catalogue details are flat-out wrong, it is still your responsibility as a seller to make sure your listing is correct. Don't add the Product Catalogue to it.

Which is easier said than done when the Bulk Editor does it for you without warning. 

The only safe things you can use the Bulk Editor to do on listings where there is a Product Catalogue conflict (the information does not match your item) is edit price, handling time, shipping terms, payment information et cetera. You CANNOT alter the Item Description in any way or it auto-triggers the Catalogue details and adds them without mentioning it. 

For my category of sales, it means that every Hot Wheels listing and most LEGO set listings cannot be allowed to be touched by the Product Catalogue or they will be contaminated with incorrect information. Some Disney Cars too. Very few were added to the Catalogue of the latter but those that were are in the wrong category or have the wrong scale indicated which is a major no-no where collectors are concerned. 

For internal purposes, I use Notes to indicate to myself which items cannot be used with the Bulk Editor. The listing I found today didn't have a note attached to it. Not sure when that note disappeared but I've noticed some notes just vanish in the past.

Just a friendly warning to other sellers. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

BEWARE THE BULK EDITOR ADDS PRODUCT CATALOGUE DETAILS TO YOUR ITEMS WITHOUT WARNING

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I've been griping about this for more than a year but thought it worth mentioning again. I just found one of my listings had been crammed full of incorrect Product Catalogue information and, in looking at the history of Revision on the item, saw it happened when I accidentally used the Bulk Editor to make changes with it.

For the record, if you have an Item where the Product Catalogue details are flat-out wrong, it is still your responsibility as a seller to make sure your listing is correct. Don't add the Product Catalogue to it.

Which is easier said than done when the Bulk Editor does it for you without warning. 

The only safe things you can use the Bulk Editor to do on listings where there is a Product Catalogue conflict (the information does not match your item) is edit price, handling time, shipping terms, payment information et cetera. You CANNOT alter the Item Description in any way or it auto-triggers the Catalogue details and adds them without mentioning it. 

For my category of sales, it means that every Hot Wheels listing and most LEGO set listings cannot be allowed to be touched by the Product Catalogue or they will be contaminated with incorrect information. Some Disney Cars too. Very few were added to the Catalogue of the latter but those that were are in the wrong category or have the wrong scale indicated which is a major no-no where collectors are concerned. 

For internal purposes, I use Notes to indicate to myself which items cannot be used with the Bulk Editor. The listing I found today didn't have a note attached to it. Not sure when that note disappeared but I've noticed some notes just vanish in the past.

Just a friendly warning to other sellers. 

i have never used that tool and never would ,i can make my own mistakes not much trust in anything with ebay which deserve the negs and poor fb not allways the seller

Message 2 of 2
latest reply