Pages Displaying Weirdly

I am not seeing others mention this, but there are so many boards I suppose it could be anywhere -

All day I've have basic HTML and other display weirdness right through the site, the eBay logo is even corrupted, But The communities area looks fine. Anyone know?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Pages Displaying Weirdly

Do the basics. Clear browser cache and cookies for your browser(s) and computer temp files.

I use CCleaner for windows, a free tool. It cleans up your computer cache and temp files. I have had less problems with my computer over the years because of running this tool daily.

That being said, eBay could still be the problem. Let's see how many others have issues.

What browser are you using? Did you try another browser?

I am having no issues so far. I am using FireFox v 28 browser.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

Hi poco... hey I too am a CCleaner fan, however it doesn't seem to be free anymore, mine gave me only a 14 day trial now it says I can only use it if I pay for it ($24)  I'm jealous that you can still use your freebie!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

I will have to check. I know they hide the free version and make it difficult to find, hoping you will get the paid version. But I understand why they want to charge. It is a good tool. They will lose a lot of users if it is no longer free.

I just checked their website and there is still a free version.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

Poco... hmm ok, you may be looking at a different site than me, but doesn't it say "(free trial)" underneath it?

That's how I got the latest and it "updated" my free copy and introduced the 14 days aspect. After the 14 days....it won't update anymore...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

Thanks, clearing cache and cookies fixed it...I had no idea it could be my end. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

ricarmic, go to home page of CCleaner

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Click on the green download box

Brings you here

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

First column is the free CCleaner.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

@oldbazaar wrote:

Thanks, clearing cache and cookies fixed it...I had no idea it could be my end. 

Once in a while a problem has an easy solution. I am happy it worked for you.

Clearing the browser gets rid of old eBay files downloaded from a previous eBay session. With eBay constantly updating their system at any time, getting rid of old cache files is important to do often. Minimizes some issues.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Pages Displaying Weirdly

Poco: Awesome! THX for including this this page looks different from the one I found which I thought was the home page!!

(PS sorry old bazaar for diverting this thread a bit, however this tool is a very good one.......)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply