Worried if product shipped or n

Maybe it is just me, bought something March 24th, the seller has positive feed back and one negative, so I thought would give a shot.  A few days later (Mar 27th) I noticed my paypal payment was not accepted yet by the seller so I looked all positive feedback was from buying items, the negative from selling.

Now my issue...

I have contacted Paypal who gave me the info of the seller and I spoke to them already (because my emails were ignored).  The seller said they couldn't figure out how to accept the paypal transaction (it was there but 'disappeared' on them) so we agreed I cancelled and resent the payment, since then he has accepted, no worries there.  Now for shipping the item, I have emailed the seller a few times as the tracking number provided says it has not been accepted yet (the 1st step of three on canadapost, so hasn't been shipped yet) so I have asked the seller twice now if the tracking number was correct.

The interaction since then so far have been:

Mar 31st - I asked "I know you said you were going to be shipping it out today or tomorrow, I just had a quick question, is the tracking number going to be the same as you initially provided? (It was XXXXX) If not when you send it out I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the new tracking number."

Same day seller responded "Sorry tom for sure for sure" 

Apr 1st - I got a email stating it was sent out (cannot locate email for exact wording)

I responded "Thanks for letting me know you sent it out, the tracking number is saying it hasn't been though. Did they give you a different tracking number?"

Apr 2nd - Response I got was "Did u pay"  

The paypal transaction was paid on Mar 27th (verified this in my paypal account) so I responded 

"Yes, I sent you the money awhile back, you told me you shipped it already, the shipping number you gave though isn't showing it being shipped though is all"

Last response I received was "Ok did u call me?" (Which I did back on March 27th where we discussed cancelling and re-sending payment) so I responded yes, nothing back yet.

I know it has only been a day since last response, but from the overall feel I am worried a bit, should I be as a new buyer or is my fear unwarranted?  It has been a 10 days since the sale closed and I just hear a lot of bad stuff from these community boards.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Well seller reached out said it was shipped, didnt have the tracking number on hand but said he would look for it and let me know soon.  So I will wait another week before judging and see how it goes.  Fingers crossed.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The purchase date was March 24?

It has been 10 days, including a weekend and a national holiday, since you paid the first time.

It has been 3 days, including a national holiday, since the seller* confirmed he had sent it item.

In my experience it takes from 15 to 20 days for items to arrive from North America to Canada.

Depending on how you count it, that would be somewhere around April 21st at the latest.

Keep in mind that many sellers don't use tracking,which may give the buyer some ease of mind, but which is actually for the protection of the SELLER.

If the item has not arrived by April 21(which would not surprise me with such a flakey seller), go here:

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first step is to contact the seller. You have already done that so go on to Step Two- open a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove that you have received the item (which is what the tracking is for), and does not refund you promptly, Paypal will refund you and go after him for their money.

If the item actually arrives after you have been refunded, you can refund the refund, using PP's Send Money service.

*By waiting so long the seller also lost his Seller Protections. Your Buyer Protection is still in force.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply