Can't log in to forums

Probably this isn't posted on the right board, so please point me in the right direction if not.

A friend of mine is having problems logging into the community forums. When they try to log in, they get:

("error_id":"invalid_request","error_description":"Input request parameters are invalid.","http_status_code":400)

Now, I should say that their account has been suspended, but they can log in to the main eBay site OK. They were wanting to get advice and info on the suspension, but simply can't post on the forums. Is this normal for a suspended account to get that error when trying to post on forums? Seems a strange way to keep suspended users off the discussion boards if that's what eBay is doing. . . Any ideas or advice that I can pass on?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Can't log in to forums

Although I do not know eBay's specific policy on suspensions, my guess is that the same applies on eBay as does on other selling venues, a suspension = the removal of all privileges, including the community boards.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

That's what I figured. It's just a weird way of doing it. I'd expect a message saying "Your account is suspended and no longer has access to discussion forums", rather than "Server Error 400" or something like that.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

tyler@ebay I've heard from others that you're one of the best and very helpful. Could I contact you about this issue to see if there's any hope of reinstatement? (Not my account. Writing this on behalf of a friend who can't access these boards)

Thanks in advance for anything you may suggest.

Greg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @gregs_electronics  - the code error does seem unusual. However, in general, if a member's account is suspended (as in we administratively delete it, as an example) they wouldn't have access to the forums any longer.  Would you mind sending me a private message with more details regarding your friend's account so I can have a closer look?

To be up front, I wouldn't be able to disclose specifics regarding what may have happened with their account to you, but I will be able to dig into the errors they're encountering. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

Did you get my private message, Tyler?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

I'll take the lack of an answer as a message to drop this.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Can't log in to forums

Hi @gregs_electronics - sorry I didn't see this update! If you want to send me a notification that you've replied you'll need to page me to the thread. You can do that by typing the @ sign and then follow it with my handle: tyler@ebay. It will turn blue and then you can select it. Paging me that way will send me a notification that you need my attention.

I have not received a private message on the Community platform (I don't get notifications if you sent a message to any other location. I've included a screenshot of how to go about sending me a message here. 

Thanks!

Community PM - how to.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply