New promo 500 free auction or fixed price 2016-01-04 to 2016-01-10

A promo showed up on eBay.ca Listing Promotions and I just activated it.

You should see this promo in your Listing Promotions in My eBay or Selling Manager. I did not get an email invitation. I do not know if this is by invitation only.

Activation link here so you can try to activate if you did not get the promo.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/list500.html

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@pocomocomputing wrote:
... You should see this promo in your Listing Promotions in My eBay or Selling Manager. I did not get an email invitation. I do not know if this is by invitation only.

Activation link here so you can try to activate if you did not get the promo.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2016/list500.html

... sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. The promotion is eligible only for listings with Canadian Dollars specified as the currency.

Makes it sound like an invite-only offer.

At least they finally got smart regarding dates -- it's a generic offer where the eligible dates are what the seller has in their My eBay Promotional Offers section:

When is it?
This Promotion will begin on the date specified in the message you received through email or eBay Message Center, at 00:00:01 Eastern Time, and will end on the date specified in the message you received through e-mail or eBay Message Center, at 23:59:59 ET , for listings on www.ebay.ca (the "Promotion Period").

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Ebay must have put this out by mistake.  When I try to activate it with the link you provided I get this message -

"Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired." 

Great way to start off 2017.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That i the same message I received also, it must have been a mistake.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

yes, when i try to click on it.. it says by invitation only

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I tried the link provided and got the message invitation only when on rcrawford34

went to my ebay  on weavers and it was there

so it's by invite only

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Not invited. When I click the link it says: "Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired."

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Good Day, I received the same results, not invited. I have been "invited" to 1, one, since July 2016. I can only conclude that I must not be in the "promo lottery". Do I rely on the promos to list, not at all, but it is a nice push to list more and shows a little appreciation to the seller.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Got the "expired" message as well 😞
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Not invited. When I click the link it says: "Unfortunately, you can no longer sign up for this promotional offer because it has expired."

I recommend that you keep checking your Promotional Offers area everyday for the next few days -- the last 500 offer had different date ranges for various sellers. And that message did show for some that did (eventually) get the free offer.

-..-

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I tried it on this id and got the "you are not invited" message. I tried it on another id and it appeared to be accepted but I had to refresh my eBay TWICE before it would show in the promo section (it did not show before I activated it on the promo page linked in the OP).

I had figured there would be one starting Tuesday and I was beginning to get a bit anxious when it didn't show up. I figured I would have to use my January Store allotment and almost did last night......glad I waited.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Finally got my invitation to this promo in the last 8 hours since I last logged in. eBay message time stamped 09:30 04-Jan-17.  So the message took took over 2 days to arrive after the start of the promo. Wow. How can eBay messages take so long?

It is a good thing I have the Listing Promos at the top of All Selling in My eBay or I would never see the promos.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Finally got my invitation to this promo in the last 8 hours since I last logged in. eBay message time stamped 09:30 04-Jan-17.  So the message took took over 2 days to arrive after the start of the promo. Wow. How can eBay messages take so long?

It is a good thing I have the Listing Promos at the top of All Selling in My eBay or I would never see the promos.

If you closely examine the message headers you may be able to find out where the delay was. It's probably just as likely that the problem was your incoming mail server or somewhere else along the pipe AFTER leaving eBay.

Of course when you are sending out billions of emails every day there will always be a few hiccups.

At least you actually got a email, out of the dozens and dozens of promos received since 2012 I've only received email notices for a handful of them, if I didn't check the promo section or here on this board I would never know about them.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

If you closely examine the message headers you may be able to find out where the delay was. It's probably just as likely that the problem was your incoming mail server or somewhere else along the pipe AFTER leaving eBay.

Of course when you are sending out billions of emails every day there will always be a few hiccups.

At least you actually got a email, out of the dozens and dozens of promos received since 2012 I've only received email notices for a handful of them, if I didn't check the promo section or here on this board I would never know about them.

I got this by eBay messages. I did look for an email when I noticed the eBay message and have not found one yet.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply