Why do my item specifics keep disappearing?

Good morning.I am having a problem with listing items.I enter the item specifics for the search engine but after I list and go check they have disappeared.i edit and ad them again and they disappear.This is frustrating and does nothing to get my items found by buyers.i am i doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Happy Canada Day : )

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@dragonflyridge wrote:

Good morning.I am having a problem with listing items.I enter the item specifics for the search engine but after I list and go check they have disappeared.i edit and ad them again and they disappear.This is frustrating and does nothing to get my items found by buyers.i am i doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Happy Canada Day : )

Hi dragonflyridge,

Can you please email me with the item number so we can look into this for you?

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I had this happen to me last summer. The only widget that I had that required item specifics. It was a re-list and the item specifics would not take using revise. I "think" I solved it by de-listing and using sell similar.

Then, after successfully doing that, click on the listing and physically look at it. Far too many of my "sell similar" end up only accepting the new title and the description and pictures do not change.

How about fixing that Kalvin. This is now into year two of that glitch.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

ok.I emailed you a link.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Using " sell similiar item" does not fix the problem.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Just letting you know...the same thing happens when I try to edit items...the specifics disappear and i have to re-ad them.

thanks for any help with this as it is time consuming to say the least.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Dragonfly, I share your pain. eBay tells some of customers to phone me in Myanmar and other times it tells me I am shipping ePacket from Singapore. I am currently languishing on the shores of Hudsons Bay.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Interesting part of Canada. Robot Happy

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This happens to us as well, things like UPC codes and model numbers are no longer there. And also sometimes the pictures go away too.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yes it is extremely frustrating.Still not a word regarding resolution of this problem.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

well this marks one week with no resolution to the problem

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

And still no resolution, great job ebay!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

ALL my listings with manufacturer part numbers in the item specifics were searchable by part number up until a couple of weeks ago when I accidentally noticed they are not showing up when searched in the main search box or in my ebay store. If you search a part number I have only listings from US sellers with the same part number will show up. Nothing like paying for something and not getting it. Now nothing is searchable by manufacturer part number. I have spoken to dozens of ebay reps explaining myself over and over again. Was given a reference number called back with reference number and nothing was on file. Was given a ticket number called back no ticket number on file. I am beyond frustrated that nothing is being done about this. Now last week the option to search by title and description in stores is missing. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply