Making a box

Got a Honda Accord radio bezel going to Uruguay. Had to take a couple of parts off to make the box 43 x 27 x 19 = 89. Don't forget the little parts.

Take parcel to the real PO. Come home. Look on table. Little parts are looking back at me. Back to the PO "May I get into that big parcel I left half hour ago?". The ladies give me "the glare". They get the parcel and allow me to put the little parts in it. That saves me $11 for being stupid.

Go to store next door and get a bag of wrapped candies for them.

They have looked after me a few time since moving here. I make sure they know I appreciate that.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Making a box

This reminds me of the time I sold a ca. $300 wool and silk suit to a US buyer, had it all packaged up to go by Xpresspost, and just as my husband was starting the car, I realized I'd forgotten to include the satin belt, without which the jacket would be virtually useless (it was button-less and needed the belt to provide a closure).  Stopped said husband, tore open said box, murmured a "thank you" to the powers that be, and off it went again.  

It was good of you to be so kind to your postal people -- what a nice gesture.  People really appreciate spontaneous acts of thoughtfulness, especially if they aren't anticipated (those are the very best kind!). 

Speaking of boxes, the other day I had to "fabricate" essentially a gigantic pizza box shape out of an old large Home Depot box in order to ship a hat that was 21" across the brim.  It was a rather hilarious job and took me over an hour.  Stuffed it with paper and air-bags, plastered it with "Do Not Crush" stickers and the whole thing barely weighed 800gm.  Still, at 22" x 20" x 6", it was unfortunately beyond the pale for Expedited and cost me dearly to send.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the buyer gets the hat "un-squished".  It's probably the last time I'll try selling something that size and shape.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply