Need correct tracking code, Ascendia code doesn't work, eBay Intnat'l Shipping from US, held customs

I've got something coming from the US, sent via "eBay International Shipping". It's a small item, it doesn't seem to have been sent using the global shipping thing. Shipping seems to be USPS.

Ebay tracking says it's "Held in Customs" in Toronto since Oct 19.

Tracking info says "Ascendia: EEUS00000nnnnCA". Yes, 5 zeros then 4 numbers. I'm not sure what Ascendia is. Seems to be european. I plug that tracking number into their website, I get "Item not found".

I try plugging that number into USPS tracking, it also says not found.

The item is about $110 USD. If they're waiting for me to pay GST for it on-line, that's fine, but I see no way to do that if I don't have a legit tracking code.

Any ideas what's going on here? Is there a way to get a CanadaPost tracking number for this?  Or at least figure out how ebay is able to show me a dozen tracking lines using a tracking number that does nothing for me?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Need correct tracking code, Ascendia code doesn't work, eBay Intnat'l Shipping from US, held customs

marnotom!
Community Member
Try this page and the site that shows up as a link on the top of that page. They work for “ESUS” prefix items that are shipped through eBay’s International Standard Shipping program so it may be worth trying your item for grins and giggles:

https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

marnotom!
Community Member

Is the prefix EEUS or ESUS?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Tracking code prefix is EEUS.    Package originated in Florida, various tracking lines show transit through USPS facilities, the last 2 or 3 being in the Chicago area before the (still final) line saying Held in Customs, Toronto.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Try this page and the site that shows up as a link on the top of that page. They work for “ESUS” prefix items that are shipped through eBay’s International Standard Shipping program so it may be worth trying your item for grins and giggles:

https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Have you received a message stating that an action is needed from your part?  Because if not, there's nothing else to do besides waiting.

Customs can go fast, or most likely not.  Checking the tracking of an incoming parcel is not that useful, because there's nothing you can do but only watching while it's in transit, event if a problem occurs.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I've used parcelapp before (for other tracking, and it generally works) but it doesn't work with my number this time.  I even changed EEUS to ESUS and still nothing.  Ebay tracking still says Oct 19 held Toronto customs.  And still saying delivery by Nov 4.

Does Ebay get feedback from the shipper / customs if duty/taxes are due (and forward that info on to the receiver)?

Edit:

Ah, I see that you meant for me to try this:

https://www.trackmyshipment.co/shipment-tracking

Easyship.  Yes!  It took my EEUS tracking number.  It says expected delivery Oct 27.  It is saying:

------------

This shipment was sent via a postal carrier offering limited tracking. For any delays, please contact your local post office and provide the tracking number EEUS00000nnnnCA.
--------------

It's showing the same tracking detail as ebay (including held by customs).  At the bottom it says Ascendia EPAQPlus.    So I'll just have to wait and see what happens next...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@sonometrics 

Please let us know what happens and which carrier actually delivered your package. I'm curious to see how well this new eBay international shipping program works in Canada.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay was saying since day 1 that expected delivery was Nov 4.  I received the item yesterday (Nov 7).  This was ordered on Oct 7.  An entire month.  It was delivered by Canada Post, our usual mail man, but this time he came with a hand-held terminal set up to process a credit card because I was being charged tax and a small handling fee by Canada Customs.   The item, by the way, was diabetic test strips, which I believe should have been exempt from any sort of tax.  Still ended up being cheaper than paying for them over the counter locally.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Glad you got them.

Chicago is known as Black Hole for parcels. And CBSA officials do work there as well as in Canadian terminals.

The handling fee is from Canada Post ($9.95).  Interesting about the mobile cc terminal.

I hope you will let the seller know, politely and without placing blame, about the delay. I usually allow 21 days in transit for anything coming or going to the USA, so a full month is very late. They may want to reconsider how they ship in future.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply