ANYONE NOTICE OR SEE THIS???????

This has happened to me a few times now usually with buyers from Russia

My invoice that I send them tells me they are from the US so I send that shipping rate

Then when they pay via Paypal I see that they are from Russia and should have paid international rates?

Is this a glitch in the system or a scam??  thanks for any help the masses can bring! cheers

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I consider it a shady "trick" that some buyers use, especially if the location their actually from is a country that is on my excluded shipping list.

When you are getting offers on items your selling always check their ID and feedback. That should usually tell you where they are originally from.... If you don't ship to Russia explain to them that you will only ship to the original USA address that was on the invoice. 

If you do ship to Russia then send them a PayPal invoice for the balance of shipping charges. If they don't pay, cancel the transaction and refund their money.

It's always good to print off the original invoice to protect yourself from unscrupulous buyers and incase you need to get eBay involved for any issues that may arise from the transaction. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@aligolf wrote:

This has happened to me a few times now usually with buyers from Russia

My invoice that I send them tells me they are from the US so I send that shipping rate

Then when they pay via Paypal I see that they are from Russia and should have paid international rates?

Is this a glitch in the system or a scam??  thanks for any help the masses can bring! cheers

I've had a number of sales over the years where the ebay and paypal addresses are different (always in the same country though).

I let the buyer know that their shipping addresses are different and then ask the buyer to choose which address to use (and I do include the different addresses in the email). Send via the eBay mail system for an electronic paper trail.

If the buyer has the wrong country, tell them that they have the choice of cancelling the purchase or paying the corrected total. Send them a paypal invoice for the difference, with all the details in the description -- that it is a shipping adjustment for an address difference (I'd even include the wrong eBay address).

-..-

In my cases, usually it was someone had moved and not updated, or they were sending a gift.

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have many times experienced similar different countries situations.

One that stands out in my mind was a fellow that's ID said he was in Great Britain, however the payment address was in Nepal! Later he purchased something more, and his address was back in GB, so he was on a work assignment or something in Nepal for a while!

I also have regular customers who are in Canada in the summer and the US in the winter.

Fortunately the shipping prices were the same to both examples above.

I always ship to the payment address. (If there was a shipping difference I would advise that extra is required.)

Message 4 of 4
latest reply