What will be the conversion fees under managed payments since they will not allow USD bank accounts

Ebay has stated that under Managed Payments Canadians will no longer be allowed to have their funds deposited into a USD bank account.  They are "working on a solution." However, I do not believe this will be a priority since their main priority should be getting back the ability to sell newly restricted items.

There is no reason this should be difficult.  Paypal allows it.  They can just figure out how Paypal does it and do the same.

I would like to know what the conversion costs will be and how they will determine the exchange rate under Managed Payments.  To me this just seems like a way to nickle and dime.  

View Entire Topic

@blackcatandco wrote:

Ebay has stated that under Managed Payments Canadians will no longer be allowed to have their funds deposited into a USD bank account. 

There is no reason this should be difficult.  Paypal allows it.  They can just figure out how Paypal does it and do the same.

Not PayPal.  All eBay needs to do is figure out how Amazon manages to do it for their version of managed payments.

The July 2020 conversion fee I've seen for ebay.COM managed payment is 3% on top of the current exchange rate. Not sure if that is calculated at time of sale or at time of deposit to your bank account.

By comparison paypal when converting adds 3.5% (3% if between paypal balances).

-..-

Ask a Question