Is Paypal down?

I have tried several times to print a Paypal label on 2 different browsers. I've cleared my cache, still won't work. I get to "print label" and then get a message that it isn't working.

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Is Paypal down?

@ricarmic wrote:
As a note the "postal guide" says that if you don't have the recipients phone number we should be putting in our own phone number.

That should also suffice for the PAYPAL process as well...

Probably, but can someone explain to me, WHY my phone should be printed on the label TWICE - with MY address, and additionally with the RECIPIENT'S address? What sense it makes?

Message 61 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Customs processing, I would assume. Should some kind of problem with the package be identified at the border, I would prefer Customs officers contact someone about it than throw it into the Look At Later pile which is eventually filed under G. That's money from my pocket if it happens. Plus an unsatisfied customer. I don't see the phone number requirement being a bad thing, but the manner in which it was rolled out leaves much to be desired. 

And it's not supposed to be your number printed twice. 

You can find your buyer's phone number under your ebay Sales Record, as I mentioned either in this thread or one of the many others about this. It's there unbidden 99 per cent of the time. 

Message 62 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

You can find your buyer's phone number under your ebay Sales Record, as I mentioned either in this thread or one of the many others about this. It's there unbidden 99 per cent of the time. 

I am not sure what do you mean by "Ebay sales record"? I know the customer phone number can be directly requested from Ebay, but I don't have any on file in my records. Where do you find the numbers?

Of course, the recipient phone number can be useful in some (rare) cases, but we are rather talking about this sudden and unexpected request to provide the numbers filling out the label form. It would be really difficult for sellers who are doing a serious business on Ebay, shipping several hundreds of items every month. 

Message 63 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@38e_avenue wrote:

I am not sure what do you mean by "Ebay sales record"? I know the customer phone number can be directly requested from Ebay, but I don't have any on file in my records. Where do you find the numbers?

Of course, the recipient phone number can be useful in some (rare) cases, but we are rather talking about this sudden and unexpected request to provide the numbers filling out the label form. It would be really difficult for sellers who are doing a serious business on Ebay, shipping several hundreds of items every month. 

If you use free eBay Selling Manager, then the customer phone number is shown there. If you use my eBay and Order Details, no phone number there.

Message 64 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@pocomocomputing wrote:

If you use free eBay Selling Manager, then the customer phone number is shown there. If you use my eBay and Order Details, no phone number there.

I use eBay's Selling Manager and have never seen a buyer's telephone number ..... and believe me, I've looked.

Message 65 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I use Selling Manager Pro - I just looked everywhere - no buyer's phone number.

Message 66 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Seller Manager --> Paid and Shipped and then:

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 7.18.15 PM.png

And then: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 7.18.29 PM.png

Obviously, I whited-out all the identifying information on this buyer but I've never NOT seen a phone number there. 

Message 67 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Well, I'll be d----d!  Thanks poco and mj!

Message 68 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

You're very welcome. I used my Sales Records for all kinds of things: saving postage costs, dispatch time, shipping dimensions and weight, and also customs declarations. It all transcribes to the File Management Centre data. Very handy.
Message 69 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@mjwl2006 wrote:
You're very welcome. I used my Sales Records for all kinds of things: saving postage costs, dispatch time, shipping dimensions and weight, and also customs declarations. It all transcribes to the File Management Centre data. Very handy.

An useful feature - Thank you for discovering it! Smiley Happy

I never ever checked that part of my records .......

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Glad I could assist. It's a very useful feature, the place I keep all data on a transaction that I want to save.
Message 71 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Just tried to print a Paypal label for a light packet US on the classic site . Looked at the Seller Manager sales record, no phone # there, tried my own, still no go, tried 0000000000, still no go, so I had to go to the new site. I guess not everyone has their phone# recorded.

Message 72 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Odd, I did a Tracked Packet USA this morning in Classic with the buyer's phone number as found in the Sales Record and it worked as it should.
Message 73 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

There wasn't a phone # for the buyer, just a blank space.

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

Thanks mjwl2006! That is exactly what is referred to in the announcement. Really appreciate you sharing!
Message 75 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@triber wrote:

Just tried to print a Paypal label for a light packet US on the classic site . Looked at the Seller Manager sales record, no phone # there, tried my own, still no go, tried 0000000000, still no go, so I had to go to the new site. I guess not everyone has their phone# recorded.

I just printed a light packet USA using 0000000000 and it worked fine with Classic view.

Message 76 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@mjwl2006 wrote:
I recall another thread about two weeks ago where a different user demonstrated he didn't get the discount he expected when purchasing postage directly from PayPal. But I have not run the tests myself so you may be correct.

I rarely have customers from Canada, but today I printed a label DIRECTLY from PayPal (used the new form). I got the discount! Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

When I re-read the announcement about the change we are supposed to make as eBay sellers with the postage-printing procedure, it makes me wonder if it's not *eBay's* future discount which may be affected (as opposed to our current one) if we don't follow suit. If PayPal truly changed the way they internalize the merchant process, eBay may be worried that it's too hard to track which eBay sellers are using PayPal to print postage, and which ones are not. (eBay is not PayPal's only client now.) PayPal may be deciding how to allocate resources. I don't know, it's just a theory.
Message 78 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

@mjwl2006 wrote:
When I re-read the announcement about the change we are supposed to make as eBay sellers with the postage-printing procedure, it makes me wonder if it's not *eBay's* future discount which may be affected (as opposed to our current one) if we don't follow suit.

Exactly. It's a plan for the future (and eBay wants sellers to change their habits).

I suspect the discount changes won't happen until Classic label printing disappears.

Besides, when has eBay/paypal ever been on time when delivering program changes.

-..-

Message 79 of 80
latest reply

Is Paypal down?

qottie
Community Member

Just a quick update to this thread to let everyone know that PayPal has resolved the issue of buyer phone numbers not appearing on labels.  More details on the Announcement Board.  Thanks for your patience!

Message 80 of 80
latest reply