Ebay customer service for seller

Hi guys, anyone here living same nightmare with the new policy of not having any customer support for seller. They now only offer offline scripted answers by poorly trained employees oversea. A simple issue of feedback removal can take weeks, tons of emails because you cannot call anymore, and you do call they cannot do anything for you anymore. So every agents are answering differents pre-scripted answers and seems random every time. And if you find one agent who agree with you, most of the time , the commitment of resolving the issue never happens most of the time. This is so frustrating and time consuming.

What do you think?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FWIW.

Negs are left by buyers who are unaware of the Money Back Guarantee.

EBay does not use feedback to assess member accounts because they are opinions.

Most buyers look only at the FB rating and think 95% is an A+.

You can leave a Response to any feedback. Usually it's a bad idea unless you can trust yourself to be calm, factual, professional and short.

Your Response to the earlier neg was fine.

Too bad the current one was a Private Listing. The future buyer cannot see the listing to check the veracity of the buyer's claim.

What in your opinion is the value of Private Listings?

If you Respond, you could include the transaction number so that future buyer can check it out.

Remember any FB and any Response is not for the angry buyer or for other sellers or for eBay, but for the future customer.

You could also draw some attention to your 30 day returns policy.

In passing: I have some questions about your Terms of Sale.

You (or more exactly eBay) is charging local sales taxes to foreign buyers.  You don't have anything to do with this, but eBay charges you a service fee on the taxes they collect and remit on your behalf.

PO Boxes are the safest destination you can ship to.  The boxholder must have a key to the box and for larger packages pick up at the counter with ID and face to face.  The policy of USPS has changed about courier shipments. Many can now be picked up at the PO. I am not clear on the details.

If you accept a Not As Described return, you will probably be paying for the return shipping, but I don't think it is necessary to tell the customer that either.

I like that you include the Allstate insurance/warranty.

Why are you phoning?

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

Which includes eBay calling you back.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.