Extra insurance coverage on expedite lite & Canada Post Expedite USA

Does anyone know if we can buy extra insurance on either/both of these. I am sure I have for the second one but not recently. And can we purchase it when printing our labels through Paypal? Thanks for the help. Have a more expensive item (around $600) I would like more coverage for.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

As brettjet has posted no extra insurance can ever be bought on Expedited Lite ($100 is max) and can on Expedited Parcel US. But in any event, for a $600 item research the insurance costs, make sure you're covered (the buyer is always covered with the eBay guarantee) and don't worry about trying to find the cheapest option (ie Expedited Lite). Anyone buying a higher valued item is not going to be shocked with shipping costs as someone buying lower valued items might be.  

As for your question on buying labels through PayPal I haven't done that for several years but since their labels are linked to Canada Post you should be able to buy any extra insurance Canada Post allows depending on service you are using, in this case Canada Post Expedited Parcel (NOT Lite) or Expedited US.

After all these years as a member, you should read the ANNOUNCEMENTS  you would already have the answers...

Two different beasts, one is domestic the other international, on one you can increase the ins, the other you cannot.

Also, at $600.00 in value maybe you should TAKE THE TIME to read eBay's policy regarding shipping and signatures.

https://www.ebay.ca/sellercentre/shipping/ebay-labels/canada-post-expedited-lite

Make buyers happy. Protect yourself against claims.

Expedited Lite is available for any domestic packages under 200 grams that meet dimensional criteria. This service offers both tracking and liability coverage of up to $100 on your shipments. Your buyers can keep track of their shipments, and you don't have to worry about being responsible for item-not-received claims.