How can I deactivate my listed items for a few days?

apx_frm1
Community Member

Hi,

I am new here. I need expert help to learn a few things about selling on eBay. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have listed a few items to sell. However, I noticed their photos are not good enough. I want to retake their photos.

I see that below each of my listings, it is written 4 days and 20 hours remaining.

I want to deactivate my listing to add new photos to them & then activate them again. How can I do that?

Also, why are we given only a few days to sell an item? What happens if we can't sell them in that duration?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

You have 30 days for Fixed Price listings and they will relist automatically if they don't sell.

Auctions are a dying part of eBay, although they can be useful if you are selling collectibles. They make up less than 15% of transactions and even those often have BuyIt Now or Best Offer options.

You can add new photos to an auction as long as you don't have any bidders. Just hit Revise in the list of actions at the top left of the listing, just above the photos. Take the photos now, and then revise.

As a newbie, you have a limit on the number and /or value of your listings. While you could End your listing, you may not be able to relist for another 30 days, since and ended (or unsold) listing uses one of your quota.

Are you registered for Managed Payments? Without that eBay cannot transfer your customer payments to your bank chequing account.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

You would be better off to list those items as 30 day good till cancelled (gtc) fixed price listings rather than as auctions.

There is a way to hide  fixed price listings but it does not work for auctions.

https://www.ebay.ca/vac/timeaway

** PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! 
The dress is the one in grey color. The beige color dress you see in the photos is added just as a sample photo from the internet to show you how it fits. 
My dress fit is exactly the same as the beige dress, BUT the difference is that it has a round collar. It is so beautiful & stylish.

Buyers Don't Read.
Drop all this information and the picture. Someone will buy the dress pictured and be angry when they get a grey dress with no turtleneck. Especially since that is the Gallery Photo.

Also since manufacturer's sizes are pulled out of plain air, put measurements in the Description.
If you have a manufacturer's name put that in the Description and Item Specifics.
The first four words are the ones that appear on phones, and half your customers are shopping on phones.
Grey KNIT dress bodycon Sz XSS New With Tags mini - you have 82 keystrokes use them carefully.