How to ship to different address than shown on invoice

I had a buyer request an invoice so that I could provide them with the corrrect combined shipping charges. In their message they indicated they wanted their items shipped to a Canadian address, but their other American address was shown on the invoice.  The shipping cost I indicated on the invoice was priced for that Canadian address, however, I had no option to change the actual address on the invoice. I advised them to be sure to select the correct address when they check out. The problem is, they're getting a message on checking out that says "Unfortunately, this seller will not ship to your location" but this makes no sense since I'm also in Canada. They don't get this error if they leave it on their USA address. Is this happening because they're trying to select an address that differs from the invoice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

There was no need to send the invoice. Once they chose or entered their Canadian address the shipping price would have changed to the one that you had set up in your listing.

I do know that when you send an invoice the shipping cost is set so it will not change even if the buyer changes their location.    For example if they are shopping with a BC address and you send the invoice, it won't change even if they then check out with a PEI address.  But perhaps that is only true if the buyer is in the same country  as that "set" shipping cost.  It won't allow them to change their country now that the shipping cost is set.  If that's what is happening the only option would be to cancel the transaction because 'buyer requested' and then have the buyer make the purchase again.  If you use buyer requested you 'should' get your .30 transaction fee back.